Magic book

Hello, I have been working on the magic book, I want to try to make it realistic, I hope you like the process. I receive comments and suggestions.
Blender 2.90.1
Cycles: 511 smples

Definitely going somewhere, but let me tell you that my instantaneous first-impression was that it was a domino …

1 Like

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I was thinking of redistributing the objects again, there are even some elements missing to add to the composition

I’d crop in tighter on the book. It’s supposed to be the focus. You could also do a bit more work on the book cover material. If it’s leather then it might do with a bit less roughness and more varied roughness. The magical elements of the image don’t seem to be casting any light. It would be nice to see some of the blue light cast out by the objects on the book (and I guess by the blue stuff in the glass thing which also looks as though it should be emitting some sort of magic glow). Putting some glyphs or hieroglyphs or even random Latin gibberish on the blank pages wouldn’t harm either. Or some astrological symbols or alchemical stuff or something.

1 Like

Thanks for your appreciation of my work, I will take into account your contributions for the final process of the scene :metal:

1 Like

I’m guessing this is for the CG Boost challenge. Here’s a crop from an image I made for a previous challenge there (theme that time was Library). You can see that adding something to the pages (in your case not the pages of the book but the blank pages on the table) helps a lot even if you can’t really see what the page contents are.

In my case I was just re-using a large made-up symbol and a page of Latin.

1 Like