Magic Bullet 2

man, that is incredible, i mean the way the foil is, and the little booklet. how long did it take to model?

48 bullets is too many if used as antidepressants :wink:
Outstanding picture !

Awsome, beautyfull, brilliant,

I dont like the look of 55 hours reder though, thats what about 3 days, ohhh,

looks realy nice though!

Now look what you’ve done… I’ve gone and put it on my desktop.

OK, this is outstanding work, no doubt. But how the hack do you test this settings!? I mean, you need 2 days+ to get such a great result, lowering the resolution probably doesn’t help much, so how do you test all this settings?! :eek:

You put the finger on the main problem with such renderings :yes:. Indeed I had to make several tries before getting the expected result. Of course I don’t render all the scene, just some significant parts but anyway, this is a long tuning process. I rendered the scene several times during the night and the result is not always visible early in the morning :no:. So just be patient and keep quiet to get nice results ;).

Perfect. How many can you take in one day?

I’m guessing 2 every 4 hours if taken orally and as few as one per person per lifetime if absorbed through the skin.

Still can’t get of the quality of the render. Looks like 20 out of 10 to me.

For those of you interested, you may find the Making of this project at the following link:

http://www.myline.be/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=205

Yep… first sentence… fine… after that… WELL BEYOND MY EXPERTEE’S!

Joe

I can’t get over how awesome that picture is! The attention to detail is unbelievable!

Thanks enricoceric, the picture is 1st class and the making of article is really useful.

The rendering time was about 40 hours for the Path tracing and about 7 hours for the Direct lighting. The image size is 1600 x 1200

7 hours for just the direct lighting:eek:

It’s a great image, but the time, sheesh.

you should never worry about time when rendering a still image IMO

speechless.

Well done

Thanks a lot for your explanation on how to make this great project, enricoceric. The page you kindly provided is very nice to know the modellings and setups and I got really excited.

…said the man who waited an entire day for a cloud test to render.

Anyway, that’s some srsly great work. I managed to trick a couple friends into believing it was real, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

The idea on how you modeled the box as a foldable card was very ingenious. One of those ‘so amazingly simple no-one else would ever think to use it’ methods that only the very stupid or the extremely clever can think up. Given the quality of the picture, I’d go for ‘extremely clever’ myself. Nice work.

Hey, maestro enricoceric, thank you for your reply and especially for sharing your YafRay settings!! :smiley:

Can you please point out some additional YafRay related useful links or give us some hint which can be helpful for a new YafRay users? You know, I tried to use YafRay several times, but I always gave up because my results was far, far from acceptable and I didn’t know what exactly to change to make it better… Well, I just didn’t have the nerves for changing one by one setting after hours of waiting for my poor results at the end… :frowning:

Thx for the making of ! Great !

Where do we apply to get into your fan club ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, you made it to the 3D Total gallery…

Good to have some more Blender work in there, it’s so rare at the moment…

Very nice and realistic image :slight_smile: