Magic Bullets

Ok, this is black humour, but sometimes “Antidepressor” could be just like this, maybe a bit slower … I just wanted to make something funny playing with yafray, HDRI and modelling with blender. Well, this is not really funny ! I just wanted to point the fact that this kind of product which is used by lot of people could be really dangerous. Sometimes, humoristic (???) images may have much more impact, for instance this could be use for a warning advertise message.

The image should be at least 1000x1000 to appreciate the details, but this one took about 3h30 rendering time, I will make some improvements and render a bigger one later. Just wanted to submit it to your comments & crits.

http://users.skynet.be/myline/3D/60.jpg

Realy good idea and nice done! Just be aware of that this maybe isn’t that funny for everybody (Maybe some one lost a friend).

Great modelling and texturing though!

Thanks, and I am fully agree with you, this is not really funny ! I just wanted to point the fact that this kind of product which is used by lot of people could be really dangerous. Sometimes, humoristic (???) images may have much more impact, for instance this could be use for a warning advertise message.

I would call that photorealistic.

Well I like it, odd humour or not… :wink:

The humor is morbid. The render is photorealistic.

Personally, I was truely thiiiiis close. Really close to needing those. But now I’m better, mostly. :stuck_out_tongue:
Awesome picture! The lighting is superb. Only crit is opinion, that the bullets might be a little bit bigger (those look like maybe a .11 rimfire :stuck_out_tongue: )

What render?

Seriously photorealistic.

:o :o :o good work, it’s deffinetly what i’d consider photo-realistic, how did you make the table surface? is it just a photo texture bump mapped?, i’d also like to congratulate you on the good job for the packaging texture, it looks very legit.
i won’t bother telling you i think the humour is in poor taste, because you’ve heard enough of that, %|
excellent pie e of work, hopefully your next project will be a little more positive

I think it looks great. A good idea too, I wish this kind of humor was portreyed more often. I think this is something people should be more comfortable with. Maybe then it would be a little more socially acceptable. With that, all in all, I think it is a great render. Good job!

Good idea and nice render!

Only crit: I think bullets are bigger and maybe one packet should only contain like 3 or 4 bullets, as you probably don’t need so many. :-?

That is amazingly photoreal. Seems like all the pill package renders are… but this one is even better.

Thanks for your comment.

I am really not an expert in bullets but you are right, they should be a bit bigger, but it is the size I had to use to keep the good proportions for the package cells.

Thanks,

To make the table surface, I used a photo with bump mapping (NOR setting) but I used twice the same photo, once to give the color (COL setting) and the same one in B&W for the bump mapping (NOR only without COL and Hard setting).

I promise, the next project will be more positive :wink:

this is a very intersting image and also really nicely made.
people say it is not funny well no but it is kind of true in some way.
it makes think it is very nice

i love it