Mail Box Model

It can be seen here, along with most of my other models.

http://joeythiesenmodeling.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you guys think, I’m open to feedback.

Don’t say “good enough for my standards” in your blog ever! Even once you reach your goal of being an exceptional 3D artist you’ll still want to work for even higher standards!

Good progression though, the mailbox seems a little less-complex than something like your desk lamp, but as long as you find new challenges in each model you’ll get better every time!

Thanks. The past few days I’ve been making a lot of progress. I think the mailbox is one of my simplest models, but has one of my best textures. I got a comment on another forum saying it was too high-poly. I don’t understand where they’re coming from, considering it has about 20 faces. What do you think?

That person was being sarcastic. The only reason you’d ever mention something being “too high poly” was if it was for a game or other live-render use. This isn’t for a game, and it’s very low poly.

That’s what I thought, but when I asked him about his reasoning, he got extremely P.O.'d and others seemed to agree with him. The members of that forum are, well, let’s just say not helpful…

Great start, your models are making sense and try to challenge yourself with everything new that you do!

Thanks a lot.