Major keyboard issues blender 2.81 Mac

I’ve been using blender for about two weeks without any struggles, but suddenly the other day my hotkeys and keyboard just stopped responding properly. I can’t use Shift+A to Add, Shift and Alt+drag to move is just zooming and I can’t seem to pan or rotate around. I do have Emulate 3 button Mouse enabled, I have tried disabling it too. Same with the Emulate Num Pad.
When I try to click on an object, mesh or de-select something, Blender doesn’t seem to understand what I want to do and it takes a few clicks to be able to select a new thing, and sometimes two meshes get selected.
I’m on a MacBook Pro OS Catalina 10.15.1 and a Wacom Tablet (the problem persist when I switched over to just the track pad, and with a connected a mouse)
What I’ve done so far:

• Load Factory Presets
  • Uninstalled and Re-Installed Blender 2.8

Not sure if I accidentally clicked something to make this a problem, anyone knows what’s up?

I am having a similar problem. I’m on macOS 10.14.4 Mojave and to use camera view for Control+Alt+0 is not working. I emulated the numkey pad with 1-0 but none of those buttons are working while in Grease Pencil.

I know this isn’t much help, but I thought I would respond and let you know there are problems (as I’m new to Blender 2.8.1) that I cannot figure out. Your issues sounded like something I am experiencing.

Thanks for letting me know there are similar problems out there. when the problems started, I went back to blender 2.8 but it was the same problem there. Yesterday I just opened up blender 2.8 again and everything was working. I think my problem might have been one of the many problems that Catalina brought, but blender seems to have fixed that now. I’ll wait a while before I go back to Blender 2.81 again, hope your issue gets fixed soon.