Major Oil Company Needs 2-3 Modelers/Animators for Video and AR Project

UPDATE - I just learned that our procurement department requires a master service agreement with a business entity ( not an individual contractor ) that has professional indemnity insurance - with Occidental listed as “additional insured”. /UPDATE

We are a major oil company looking for 2-3 Blender modelers and animators for paid, offsite, freelance work. We have 4 scenes for a video that will use a stylized 3D approach to explain technical concepts such as how we are using IOT devices in the field, for example.

We want to wrap up the first phase of this work by the end of the year. We want to own the 3D files at the end of the project. Our goal is to maintain them in a repository so that we can continue to update them and use them for new videos and new AR opportunities. For instance, we would like to add more interactivity to our AR setups over time. We would love to create relationships that we can draw on for future additions and changes after the initial work is over this year.

A rough estimate would be 3 Blender folks needed - each contributing about 40 hours on average - to wrap up before the end of the year. We have storyboards and a solid creative direction. We can supply most of the models of our assets, but they will require some cleanup and animation. AR experience is a plus, as is procedural programming ( generative 3D ), but not required. Just need good solid 3D folks with ability to create smooth, sophisticated animation.

We need good communicators, an ability to meet deadlines, a creative eye and an ability to take creative direction. We are a large company, so we would have to have you sign a master service agreement and create fixed-price work orders. We can set up milestones and/or separate work orders so that you don’t have to wait until the end to bill. Still, you will have to be paid by check and that can take 30 days from submission of the invoice. As I said, we can set up initial milestones so that you don’t get too lopsided. It can take a week or two to get you into the system in order to start. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Overall, I think it will be a moderately-paced and rewarding project. I will need to see samples of your work. Please also let me know an hourly rate. You can estimate and bill based on fixed-price amounts, but the hourly rate will give me an idea.

Thanks,
Chris

2 Likes

I have messaged you,
cheers.

Messaged, Thanks :slight_smile:

Messaged you with a proposal

Hello,

i can help and will be glad to assist you.

let us have a discussion over S.k.y.p.e @ cis.am3 about your requirement.

Regards
Frank

Services in the field of 3D modeling, visualization, animation, 3D printing, CNC. Delivery of products for needs of visualization, animation; compatibility with common 3d editors, Unity, Unreal Engine and/or 3D printing, CNC machine processing. If you are considering work variants with handsafe or prepayment option, I will be ready for further discussion. Prepayment can be charged for the entire order or for each bilaterally agreed stage for complex projects. The price and delivery time depends on details of technical requirements. The amount of prepayment is matter of discussion. Payment methods: MasterCard, PayPal.

Some of my works on:
https://www.artstation.com/aevtrid,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2q2U0lYQgzlCEahqYbj5Aw.

Regards,
Alexander Volkov.
tel.: +7 (912) 598-95-16 (+WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram),
e-mail: [email protected],

Messaged!!! Thanks and have a nice day.

Hi here is some animations I’ve made, writing, modelling, rendering.
I’ve done VR experiments, photogramettry, I like to bake lighting :smiley:

I like details, but where I would excel would be in areas that needed to be entertaining,
because I’m terribly funny person, I can’t stress enough about how funny I am, but also I
can be deadly serious if need be. (A safety AR animation for example) I can make a “Ooops you’ve messed up!” animation that could have the AR platform behaving funny like a disney jalopy or very scarily where deep gears and braces are snapping etc.pretty much equally.

I have a thorough understanding of the mechanics of oil drilling, drill bits, pumpjacks, upper deck mud tanks, etc. The idea that it is offsite is absolutely wonderful , that is perfect!

My modelling and rendering portfolio
The3dcgfxcompany

Good day.
I am Yaroslav Kopin from the studio http://kopinfilm.com/

We are always looking for new clients.
If you would like us to assist you with your projects, please email us.
Our studio specializes in the production of animated content for children.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/86531989/MOCAS-Little-Monster-Cars - behance
https://vimeo.com/332703499 - KopinFilm Showreel 2019

Hi Alexander! I´m a graphic designer, illustrator and 3D artist from Argentina.
Please visit my Behance to see some of my work for TVC and other purposes!
www.behance.net/herlop
I Hope we can work together!!
Greetings! Thanks!

Hi!
Here is a sample of some of my own work:

My contact email is [email protected]

I recently graduated from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County with a Bachelors Degree in Visual Arts - Animation
My skills:

• Character Concept - AA
  • Creating 3D MockUps - AAA
  • 3D modeling assets and characters - AA
  • 2D and 3D animation - AA
  • 3D Lighting and Texturing - AAA
  • 3D rendering - AA
  • Creating 3D environments - A
  • Visual effects - A