Make 'Character Physics Type' slide after releasing walk key?

I’ve asked a similar question a while ago, something about simulating walking on ice?
I recall the solution was to change the friction/elasticity in the materials panel, don’t think it applies to Character Physics objects though, and if it does… well, I must be doing something wrong.

Thing is, I want the player to gradually slow down when releasing the ‘walk’ key, not too sure how to do this. Servo motion sorta does it by default, but I can’t use that now.

Any idea what to do?
Thanks!

have you seen my simple rig?

if own['Move']=[]:
    #Player idle
    own.localLinearVelocity*=.95

Yeah, I’ve seen it!

Think you could tell me how to implement it? (the code)

sure, want to send your file?

what is the gameplay style?

That would be great, thanks.
It’s a sidescroller. The same one you actually helped me with a while ago. The file still has “BPR” in the title, I needed help with making the camera not follow the player when jumping.

sure, just send me a pm, or a email @ [email protected]

Oops, I misread - thought you were sending an example file. My bad, I’ll send you the PM in a min or two, the file has a lot of content.

1. I took a look, do you want to python and physics to do the same stuff as the character actuator?

2. or do you want a logic based character physics solution?

Hmm, I suppose “2”.
Looks as though it would be simpler, right?

Up to you, really.

I looked into it, and I can’t keep momentum in air with the character actuator, and I have used 1 alot to do this exact same stuff

I made a gradual fall off solution. but it looks wonkey on the character type rig

In which case, 1 should be fine.
Can I see the gradual fall off solution? It can’t be that bad. I could just end the animation with a sort of fade so it doesn’t look as weird.

ok, I see, it’s a problem with alignAxisTo vect, when you point at x and try to align to -x, it just fails

ill just use track to