Make command goes a little further every time I run it

Trying to build the uv_unwrapping_slim_algorithm branch on Linux Mint, I noticed a strange behavior:
every time I run make, the building pocess fails but goes a little further. However, apart from being possibly the weirdest thing I’ve ever done in the terminal, after running it what seems to be a hundred times, it hasn’t passed 31%, so I have no idea if reaching 100% will take a lifetime or just a few more iterations.

The error that comes at the end of every iteration is:

Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
GNUmakefile:128: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

However the line right before that error is always different. For example this is the last one :
[ 31%] Built target bf_freestyle

Does anyone have an idea on what’s going on ?

Hi
Now that I think about what I had said in the other thread, maybe I can successfully build the branch not only because of the changes that Lukas made, but also because now I am in Kubuntu 18.04 (when failed, I was in Kubuntu 14.04).

That message that you get surely are the last lines of the terminal, but more information about the error must be shown before those lines.

Just in case you try to update dependencies again running "./blender/build_files/build_environment//install_deps.sh” script.

I updated the dependencies multiple times and tried both a simple make command as well as the long one which comes at the end of the install_deps.sh execution.

By default make script in Blender detects your processor threads and it compiles using all the threads, which makes it a little difficult then to track the error message in the terminal. What I do (surely there is a more elegant way to do it) is:
Run “make” in “blender” folder. When you see that it is finished configuring, and you start to see percentage numbers on the left, you cancel with “Ctrl C” keys on the terminal. You close that terminal. You leave blender folder and you enter to the new folder created “build_linux”. You open the terminal there in this path and you run “make”. Now it will take longer because you will be using a single core. When you get the error, you copy much of the last text that you got and you paste it here for example:
http://pasteall.org/

and share the text.

there you go :
https://pastebin.com/qrPAW8Ta

It looks like SLIM code. I had hoped that the problem is due to some Blender component that can be disabled. And I do not know why the error is dependent on Linux distribution.
You could try asking the question on IRC “#blendercoders” channel, if you are lucky maybe some developer that is not very busy could help you by showing them that error you get.

nah, it’s fine, I’ll be patient. I was just geeking out because I love this feature but I’m not doing any CG work ATM.