Make particles shoot out through hole in suzannes head.

Hi

Just started with Blender and thought I’d like to animate particles rattling round inside a glass suzanne and out through a hole in the head.

I’ve got particles flowing from a plane inside suzanne but they just shoot out without respecting suzanne as a vessel. How do I get the particles to bounce inside and only come out through a hole I made in the head.

Many thanks

just select suzane, press f7, select the partical interaction tab, turn on deflection, and recalculate particals

That’s a quick response. Many thanks. I’ll give it ago.

just select suzane, press f7, select the partical interaction tab, turn on deflection, and recalculate particals

ummm this doesn’t work for me…

Nope me neither so far, as a total noob to blender I thought it was something I was doing wrong.

Part of the problem is that if I select suzanne and then go to the particle tab there’s no particle effect setup to deflect. I’ve set the particles up to emit from a small plane inside suzannes head. they emit but just emit everywhere not just through the hole I made in the suzanne mesh.

Any ideas?

Is the Suzanne head and the emitter mesh on the same layer ?

Particle deflectors only work on the particles that are on the same layer.

You need to recalculate normals inside, meaning, make all the faces on suzane point in, just enter edit mone on suzzne and press Ctrl-Shift-N.

Many thanks again, I’ll give it some more.