Make watercolor effect have "animate" for CGI like ( title youtube below)

this title "Watercolor Animation experiment - “I have a sixth sense” I saw it on youtube. Would anybody know the answer how to do? I’m trying to mix CGI and watercolor-style animation. Please, don’t forget to show me a picture or gif of your explanation so that I can better understand it. Here is video, for explain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvP6sQ9spk

1e065eca8e3db3775759ca9e7340b2d6

1 Like

Maybe just search for it ? Then maybe even find this Watercolor like shader

1 Like

If we take this *.gif is the standard, too many effects will be at play to be solved with a single shader. At least the water or cloud thingy on the top can be represented by adding two mask textures together, cutting out the result at a specific value (Greater Than node), and then scrolling one of textures

1 Like

cutout animation explanation
Animated example. (Ignore the text since I made this *.gif to illustrate another program)

1 Like

Sorry for digging out this topic, I just thought about it more. One more option is to use Compositior’s post processing. My experimental node network is messy, but the general idea is to first separate your render into “slices” based on some criterion (I used grayscale intensity), then warp each slice to give its edges an uneven look (Displace node with different normal map textures as an input vector)

Putting all of that on some animation with limited FPS and motion blur looks quite convincing:

I’d improve this effect more but I am not good with Compositor and the way it treats alpha is baffling to me