MakeHuman 1.0.0 released!

very cool and impressive that it is written completely in python. does it use pyopengl? or as far as i know pyqt contains its own opengl wrapper?

http://makehuman.org/blog/posing_and_export.html
i couldn’t figure out how to pose though. got this feature removed from 1.0?

I haven’t used makehuman for a few years now. I will have to try it out again. the updates look impressive!

Thanks for continuing to stay with this project for so long, and make it into something really useful to artists. This is what makes OSS great!

I wanted to say THANK YOU for MakeHuman!
I’ve been using it constantly in the month since I’ve been able to get back to work in Blender (year-long roadtrip…)
But I hadn’t been aware that a new version is out. Heading over to download now!
The new features look amazing, and you’re great for continuing to upgrade the project, and for supporting Blender so steadfastly.
I owe MakeHuman a lot of gratitude.

What a great tool… amazing. Just had a few to kick the tires and I have to say, WOW!

thank you !

now how do i get it to make me Post Pandemic Girl ?

update: oh, nvm i figure it out :wink:

Yes, a number of half-baked features have been removed, like posing and expressions. They will return in some form later, but currently we have focussed on consolidating the basics.

I certainly hope it wont take that step back; they are different and there is plenty of room in the 3D market for them both.

Under the Mouth Size the trans slider seems to have left two vertices behind… is this a bug?

What is happening here?

It seems like cycles is on and there are no lights in the scene… Can’t seem to render no matter what I try.

Really great tool, Make human. But i think i’m gonna stick with alpha 7.

The topology is a lot better in alpha 7 and I find it easier to model clothes for its default pose.
Also, it doesn’t have that weird look in a natural human resting pose

I’ll miss the UI improvements though. And the modularity of the latest version. I’ll also miss the new proxies