MakeHuman is ALIVE!

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/lab/abdomenalive.avi
http://www.dedalo-3d.com/lab/neckmuscle.avi

Comments are appreciated…

Very, very nice constraints. Looks great.

The pectorals seem to deform a little weird in the first one. Looks like they penetrate the upper part of the abdomen a little bit.

BgDM

The pectoral s isn’t affected by deformation in this test. The penatration is impossible with the new MHmuscle system…probably it’s an optical impression due the shadow.

Note this isn’t constrains, but new muscle system, totally writed in python by MH team, that use a new muscle engine…

This result is impossible to have with armatures…

Probably is the shadow then that’s causing it to look that way.

Very cool stuff though.

Is this muscle system something that we will be able to apply to our own meshes, or is this MakeHuman only?

BgDM

makehuman only.
Actually the team is focused mainly in MH, to complete the 2.0 version. After the next release, it’s possible we starting the work to develop the MHMuscleSys as general utility.

This is great stuff. I’ve been following the MH progress for some time now. Glad to see the rigging and muscle systems making their way into the project. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a lower a poly count base mesh to edit.

awesome work and glad you guys take the time to do this.

[Gets on the organ and plays spooky music]

IT’S ALIVE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok…

Really awesome stuff! My heads bleeding just thinking about coding it, especially in Python (I’m a C++ nerd).

That looks cool and exciting, the work you guys are doing with Make Human is fantastic, and is a real benefit to the Blender community.

Thank you very much for all this hard work :smiley: :smiley: .

Ken

rocks… nice! oke so I see I can stop model my “wizzard-face”. it’s gonna be makehuman anyways icon_smile.gif ah when I see stuff like this it makes me somehow no defined emotion. cuz I think: “hey dude… all we need now is cloth simulation”. either I start programming c again (had some in school) or I wait for others to improve softbodies

Thanks…the team is working hard!
Probably an alpha release will be done in about a month…
But another news come out in the next days: a new, strongly improved interface…totally rewrited with a new GUI concept…you can’t imagine the new MH work method… :slight_smile:

Is make-human going to have a clothes generator?

@Jedi Dawn:
if you ask this because I led you to… I was just kidding. anyways… you mean a cloth generator (for stills) or a cloth simulator (for anis). you’ll have to model the cloth yourself since this is now really something diffrent.

@Manuel:
news are always welcome :slight_smile:

No I mean so it generates a model with clothes on

The next version can generate a model with clothes on, but actually only few types (in istance not long skirt) and without separate the mesh…this is only a temporary solution, in future a complete set of morphable clothes will be done…

The next version can generate a model with clothes on, but actually only few types (in istance not long skirt) and without separate the mesh…this is only a temporary solution, in future a complete set of morphable clothes will be done…[/quote]
shuuu… wow :slight_smile: is there anything comparable for other 3d packages? I dont think so?