Making a special camera system help!

What I’m trying to do is make my game character look 3d while being made of eight 2d alpha sprites. Each of the 8 alpha textures displays his profile from a different 45 degree angle on 8 different planes, so if the camera faces him head on for example, the plane with the frontal texture is displayed, while the 7 other planes are invisible at this point. If the camera then moves clockwise around him, a trigger causes the front plane to become invisible and the profile plane to become visible.

I don’t know how I could make a system to do this. Can anybody help me? This would be v. appreachiated, and I’d credit u for this system in the credits!

Can anybody help?

I suppose you could use getOrientation() and find a way to compare the cameras rotation matrix to the planes, and if it is a certain amount near one, the one pops up… though that might take a while to figure out.

i see what you want, like Mario kart 64, but I have no idea how to do it.

So far I’ve used radar sensors (4 sensors to each plane) so that if the camera touches a certain axis of the radar other than front-on, the plane is invisble. This works to a limit but I keep finding that sometimes two planes appear at once.

I’ll post a .blend sooner or later.

I’ve puzzled and puzzed
'till my puzzler was sore
and your issue it seems
is one I do not adore