Making an object visible/invisible in different cameras?

I’ve been wondering about a thing for a while and that is if Blender supports a thing seen in many games: Different cameras showing different things. For example if you have played “Halo” on xbox in multiplayer you see a green arrow above the head of your friends, while your enemies only sees green arrows above their friends heads. I have been noticing similar things in other games too and I wonder if you in Blender can set an object visible/invisible for different cameras.:confused:

Well yes… why not. When you switch cameras, you could easily set the objects you want visible to visible and objects you want invisible to invisible. You’ll have to make this switch every time you switch cameras, but that’s not hard…

In terms of Multiplayer (as in the way that you put it) it shouldn’t even be an issue. Each person is running, basically, a different version of the scene. You can easily have the little “green arrow” be displayed if the client detects that they are a friend. This is all done client-side, not server-side, so their camera will view things fine with pretty much no work.

-Sam

Hm, I see what you mean and I fully agree with that, but what I was talking about was in split screen multiplayer, two cameras showing different things on the same computer. I should have asked the question more clearly…