Making character physics stand on moving platform

Hi, When i set my character collision box as a Physics Type: Character it ends up falling down from the moving platform which is set as a Static Physics Object.

Is there any way that i can make the character collision box stand on the moving platform without making it falling down?

[ATTACH]318219[/ATTACH]

Make the physics type Dynamic. Character never works properly for me. And make sure the platform’s collision bounds are set to box.

ezio160324 : Thanks for your post , I already tried using dynamic physics type and it partially works unfortunately :confused: also character Physics in the current versions of blender is a better option since it improves the performance of the game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318229[/ATTACH]

No prob! Character is glitchy for me. Well, is the platform set to box bounds?

ezio160324: Yeah ,I’ve changed it and set the platform to box bounds but i still get the same results unfortunately.

Hmm. Maybe Monster will come through and help. He’s more experienced than me. Good luck!

ezio160324 : ​I hope so and Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

:smiley: No prob.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem ?

if Ray(platform)-z-----------python

own.worldLinearVelocity=own.worldLinearVelocity+ray.hitObject.worldLinearVelocity

(Mod.edit: Double post fixed)

ok got it

logic

if Ray-z(platform)------------and---------------(motion player)
Force trigger in platform------/__--------------(motion platform)

WASD move platform and player

left + right arrow move player independent of platform

in other words, any transform you are applying to the platform needs a equal transform of the player.

Attachments

TestBPR.blend (448 KB)

BluePrintRandom : Thanks is works fine now :slight_smile:

What Blueprintrandom said :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, just as long as you detect when your on the platform

BluePrintRandom: yeah i just checked and it works perfectly thanks again :slight_smile:

dancreator: but you said it a bit too late :wink: