I’m not sure, but did you ensure the z coordinate is aligned with the correct direction? Iirc the setup is based on z pointing upwards, the way a natural tree is (rings going around z axis as on a natural standing tree). So when using it on laying logs, the z has to be pointing in the now laying direction. The logs/boards are essentially a part of a solid tree trunk.
In my version I found that the scratches setup was also using object coords (same as the pores), so I had to make same sort of randomization to them. Also, the scratches use a voronoi method I really don’t like (due to complete lack of gradient - which is required for a good bump effect), so I replaced “generic scratches” with more of a “wounds and cracks” in the wood. Decided to reduce the use of randomizing everything to get a more uniform look. This is what I ended up with:
Not perfect, but I think improved.
If you only need the inside walls, prior to bake you just delete all the faces that will never be seen. For an interior shack/lodge, that would be most of the top/bottom faces , back faces, and most endgrain faces. In most cases, just the bumpy (caused by bevelling of individual logs) face on the inside, which utilizes UV space better than baking a lot of faces you will never see.
For my own personal projects where I use this, I prefer the use of random and instanced logs with a very complex wood material setup that uses tons of generators. It will get very slow, but I don’t have to sacrifice memory for textures and spending time on UV unwrapping/baking.
The other approach I tend to use more for work projects which I need to render fast. Wood is a bit more unforgiving to work with than i.e. concrete, in that wood tends to have a defined direction to the texture (grain direction). Meaning I can’t do tricks like rotation and random scaling, making it harder to procedurally blend with similar textures. It’s based on using a few wood textures of similar characteristics (but not identical) on top of eachother, but randomizing coordinates and scale variations for each of them. They need to be decent resolution, but for work stuff I have enough memory for it (Quadro M4000). This is to get rid of that horrible texture repetition CG look. That comes for free using procedural textures (also no UV needed), which instead can be time consuming. I’ll most likely end up using way simpler “wood like” generators than this though (which I’ve never used before, but I keep it around for reference).