Making "rotated image"

Well, hi everyone. I have few pretty much amateur problems. I need to make images like this ones:
http://whiplash-ts.webs.com/Downloads/Others/rotimage.rar
but I really don’t know how to start.
As you can see, there are 64 images linked to 1.
I need to render out 64 frames with car spinning, and that’s my problem, I have no idea how to start with it.
Blender should give me 64 separated images and I would piece them together to 1 with photoshop or gimp.
-So, like I said, the main problem is how to render those 64 frames.
-Another (smaller) problem is how to make that car be rendered from the top. Stupid camera doesn’t want to go there.:eyebrowlift2:

As I realized, there are so many sick bastards around, and this is probably piece of shit for most of them. But I’m just stupid little amateur, and I can’t do anything on my own.
So, help!!! And Thanks.

You can insert keyframes. To be more detailed , all you need you do is first position the camera at the top by rotating and grabbing it (or alternatively you can set the cursor there and then select the camera and press Shift-S. A pop-up should appear and you should press Selection to Cursor. Then you may rotate it by pressing R if it is still no properly placed). Then select the Car and press I. Then press LocRotScale in the pop-up. You should see a green line appear on the Timeline. Then press “64” in the place of 1 below the timeline. With the car selected, press R, press Z (to lock it on the Z axis or any axis you want), enter 360 and press Enter. The Car should rotate 360 degrees around any axis. Now press I again and LocRotScale again. Another key will be added at frame number 64. In the right hand side, there is a panel. Press the left-most button that is Render. Go to the output tab and set your output directory and the image format. Then press Animation which is at the top.

Thanks for the answer man. There is a lot of work :slight_smile: , but I’ll try to fallow all your instructions and finally manage to do it. Thanks again.

O man, you are a genius. Works perfect. :spin: Thank you very much. All nicely explained. Well done. :yes:
The only problem is that it renders it in wrong way. Also, I would like to have transparent background (it’s black now). Is it possible to do make it transparent with Blender, or I have to use some photo editor for that?

Also, I would like to have transparent background (it’s black now). Is it possible to do make it transparent with Blender, or I have to use some photo editor for that?

First set the render output format to one that can handle transparency such as .png. Also set the render output to RGBA so it also saves the alpha.

Works! Thanks!

The only problem is that it renders it in wrong way.
What do you mean by that?

Nothing now, I solved that. I just use -360% to render it in another direction.
But also, there is another problem. When I press play to see how will it look, the car is not rotating with the same speed during the whole rotation. It slows down just before the ending of a rotation. Also, it starts with lower speed. In fact: it has bigger speed in the middle of rotation.
So, I would like to have the same speed during the whole rotation so that images have the same rotation sequence between them self. Is there a way to make that?

In the graph editor window, select the curve and set the Interpolation mode to Linear. I believe the option is in the Channel menu

Hmm sorry, I can’t find it. Can you explain it better pls.
Also, now I have 2 more questions (look at the image):
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7510/blenderproblem.jpg
-So, is possible to remove that green “net” that is always there by default? I know that it’s usually useful, but I need to delete it.
-Almost all cars are created by many parts. When I want to rotate the whole car, it doesn’t act like a 1 object. So, actually each part of it is rotating by its own rotating point. How can I make that whole car is rotating like only 1 element?
Thanks.

3DView -> Properties (N) -> Display -> Grid Floor

Almost all cars are created by many parts. When I want to rotate the whole car, it doesn’t act like a 1 object. So, actually each part of it is rotating by its own rotating point. How can I make that whole car is rotating like only 1 element?

Parent all the parts to one object (e.g. the chassis), then just rotate that one.

Best wishes,
Matthew

I found it. Tnx.

No, that doesn’t work with rotation. It works only with moving (grabbing) the object.

For all the parts to rotate from a single point instead of each their owns, you must set the pivot point to “Median Point” instead of “Individual Origins” that you have in your screenshot

Thanks man.