Making the camera follow a rolling object

How do you get a camera to follow an object that’s rolling, without the camera rolling too?

you can use the camera actuator… it make the camera somewhat like mario64

You can also vertex parent an empty to your rolling object, And then just parent the camera to the empty…

It isn’t necessary that you have a empty there at all. You could just vertex parent the camera to the rolling object.

Thats exactly what I was thinking :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I did and it worked.

wow cool :slight_smile:

Thanks for asking the question. I’ve been wondering that for quite some time now.

This can be useful for a game I’m making. How do you vertex parent?

you don’t! HAHAHA! :stuck_out_tongue:

Im wondering that too… ive heard a lot about vertex parenting but i never learned how do do it…:confused:

select the object you want to be parented (sphere for exemple) go to edit mode, make sure the 3D cursor is in the center of your sphere and deselect all vertices. do a single (ctrl+leftmouseclick) wherever it is not important, then (shift+s) selected on cursor, that way the little vertex will be at the center. then go back to object mode, select the camera then click rightmouseclick+shift on the sphere go in edit mode (the little vertex should still be selected then ctrl+p ----- Vertex parenting and voila!