Mancandy leg/arm rig

(Siluno) #1

I’m busy rigging a character with Squash and Stretch, mostly following/learning from the Mancandy rig, but I’m having a bit of trouble with the leg and arm rigs. I can’t seem to figure out how they work without an elbow for the Upperarm or Upperleg to point to. (there is an elbow, but it’s not a pointer, but rather at the same position as the upper arm/leg)

When I rigged my character without the Elbow_Goals, the arms and legs don’t have any control for which way you want the elbow to point to, but as soon as you add a Elbow_Goal, it goes directly to the Elbow_Goal, because it can stretch and the foot_IK(without a target) is parented to the chain, so the whole leg follows it.

Could someone maybe help me or direct me to some tutorials/sites on how I can have some kind of control for the arm, and also make it move towards a target? (my leg bends both ways, mostly the wrong way, because it doesn’t have a goal to point to). Also let me know if you need any more information…it’s a bit difficult to explain.

Many-a-thanks!:yes:

0 Likes

(Siluno) #2

So I got the arms figured out…atlast! But still having problems figuring out the legs. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes

(Siluno) #3

Got the legs figured out, I think.

0 Likes