Manga Animation Project!

Hey,
Im starting to experiment with a manga style character leading to a animation. I have always wanted to be able to create a manga style animation in blender. This is a quick experiment which took about 1hr. Please say what you think!

Also if anyone has any tips on how to do the eyes it would be really appreciated!

So far you have a good start on the head. The hair, however, needs work. It’s messy and it’s all over the place. Normally, when it comes to creating hair for a anime or manga character, detail to see the strands isn’t necessary.

For example, this character I made gives it a much settled look and since I used planes for this hairstyle, it won’t take a long time to render it compared to using particles. So once again, the bust is nice, but you need to tame that hair!

Okay Thanks will give it a go!

Hey
Thanks For the tip, Managed to make his hair as a mesh, What do you think?Also dose anyone have any tips on creating manga style eyes??

Attachments

As I said on the other thread that you posted, I’ll create a tutorial on how I make my anime like characters. For the hair, it looks good so far. Can you post a frontal mug shot? I like to try and see it from different angles.

Hey that would be great! He is the front render with eyes!

Better eyes

I can tell that there’s a difference in the eyes. The hair looks great so far.

Well, I tried to make a tutorial today on the first steps making the face, but the entire thing was de-synced and I really didn’t feel like starting over. So I’ll continue making the character. But the next character I make, I will make a step by step still tutorial.

When you have finished XeroShadow could you message me some renders of the character :smiley: Would love to see how you do it!
Anyway heres a very quick update on my character!

And the wireframe:

Tell me what you think!
Thanks