Mantaflow gravity animation

hello guys,
maybe a dumb question, but how do I animate the property value of gravity in the domain settings? somehow it always jumps back to frame 1 if I change the value…
my goal is to have zero gravity up until certain frame…

thanks

Probably also a dumb question but did you keyframe your value after you changed it?

nah, I change the value, press enter and it skips back to frame 1 somehow… ) if I do the same for the scene gravity, it works fine…

Which gravity setting do you mean, the effector field weight? Which version of Blender do you have? If just tried it with r92426.7ac8f61dc14 and there I can’t keyframe the field weights (for fluid) at all. I suspect the feature is not implemented, yet, but in your version the Insert Keyframe operation is still accessible (but broken).

I mean the scene gravity under ‘settings’ in the domain - not the ‘field weights’… the gravity in the field weights settings has no effect it seems…
I tried with blender-2.82-56ef761381ec-windows64.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I missed that, as it is greyed out when scene gravity is on.

Okay, I guess I figured it out. Simply a bug in the UI, but the feature itself works. Whenever one edits the gravity values, the current frame is reset to the value of Cache->Frame Start. So as a workaround you can change the value of Frame Start to the current frame before editing gravity to insert a kayframe. Stupid, but it works.

great… thanks for the tip… ) will try that.