Mantaflow liquid simulation doing nothing

Hi all!

I’m dipping my toes into simulations for the first time ever trying to simulate some water flowing and bouncing around. After following a couple tutorials step by step I can’t even get the blue/green particles to show up in the flow object.

I’m using Blender 2.9.3 + Eevee and my computer is quite beefy
Ryzen 9 3900x + 1080ti + 64gb RAM
so my guess is I should at least be able to see the particles slowly moving.

Attached you can see the settings in case I’ve done something obviously stupid…

Thanks!

Still no success, no idea anyone? :frowning:

Try Object > Quick Effects > Quick Liquid with the default cube selected to get a simple simulation just to see something and then compare that to what you have.

EDIT: default scene.

I have the same problem indeed.
clicking “mesh” does not disappear the domain and so mantaflow animation does not work. No any solution for that???

Never managed to fix it so I followed a different approach for the scene eliminating water and called it a day.

Hi.
You try to share the problematic .blend file here so others can analyze the problem.

If you make changes in the domain resolution divisions the problem normally disappears.
If you make the smallest change in that number the problem is solved.

It’s possible that, after doing that, you will need also to change the simulation mode from APIC or FLIP since the first time it normally simulates everything wrong. At least it’s the case on my PC. Then you can set the mode you prefer.

I made a test here and reproduced the bug. Changed te domain resolution divisions from 32 to 33 and everything works perfectly.