Manual arrived today!!!

No, it’s not worthless, you just have to look a bit harder.

I got mine today in the United States (New York)! Just intime for the weekend. Looks awesome. :o :smiley: :o :smiley:

kirpe: awesome, mine should come sometime this next week then!

anybody in the states get one yet ?

That means mine will be here next month :< :< :<

Look 2 replies higher than your post. Yes, there…

Martin

weird…

I live closer to Holland and I still haven’t got mine, Sweden…buhhh

Something about the brightness-issue:

I really enjoy reading the book, that’s for sure. It’s a great value overall.
Ton already said there is going to be a reprint. Decide for yourself. I will be happy when being able to print the needed pages by myself.

http://www.mirrorside.de/blender-manual.jpg

Look 2 replies higher than your post. Yes, there…

Martin[/quote]

:frowning: wheres mine …

no it can’t be that bad. man… i wanted this book for long… :frowning:

Shifter:

Uhm. Wow. That really sucks. Really. Really, really, really.

So what’s the deal with the reprint? We finally get our books, then what? We return them? Who will pay for all the extra shipping?

I want my manual, but I don’t really want a manual with totally washed out tutorial images. That is very lame.

Any official word on this?

i think they mean we rebuy it if we want good photo… no? i hope not.

I hope not too. I mean part of the hyped up reason why “it’s ok” that the book is sooooo late is the “supa rad” layout, design, presentation work. And now this? I hope we get some information soon.

[quote=“nuance9”]

I hope not too. I mean part of the hyped up reason why “it’s ok” that the book is sooooo late is the “supa rad” layout, design, presentation work. And now this? I hope we get some information soon.[/quote]

I agree totally… :confused:

any canucks get thier book yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

and if so by what type of delivery

lilo

Still waiting on the west coast, but it will come.

I am quite disappointed about the bright pictures. Some tutorials are not usable.

If it’s not BF’s fault, there could be a reprint on cost of those who made the mistake, no?

Wasn’t there some kind of testprint? I can’t image they’d just start printing without printing an example first. And if the fault lies at the printer, then I concur that the printer should pay for a reprint.

/nick rant-boy

Alltaken is now known as rant-boy

Rant-boy: i am getting my lawyers ready for when my manual arrives in New Zealand.

if the book is truly unusable then it violates our “consumer garentees act” of 1994, saying that anything sold must be “fit for purpose”.

failing a full out lawsuit, then i will write a 3 page letter to Ton the acting director of the Blender Foundation, outlining my concerns of operations and managment, as well as the possibility of a resignation and a hiring of third party managment, at which time ton will become the cheif of blender development and do coding which he is fantastic at.

/nick Alltaken

ok i won’t ask for Tons resignation in the letter, but i will seriously write one outlinging many concerns of mine.

and no it won’t be an attack it will be a serious and objective letter asking for some serious responses.

Alltaken

Ever managed production of a book with no experience and without hiring pros to do it for you? It’s not that easy :slight_smile: It’s still a dissapointment, and hopefully the printer will do the right thing if it’s their fault… (typically there are color problems in the first N books off the press-- could be they just shipped those with the good batches)

My birthday isn’t for a couple of months so I’ll be ordering one then… So I’m interested in what people think of the book if you’ve got one yet.