Manuel Bastioni Lab, turns Blender in a laboratory for 3d humanoids creation

No, but I might start a WIP thread soon.
I basically finalize a model after fine tuning in the lab, pose it with IK rig (which is awesome, thanks) then turn on dyntopo for further tweaking of muscle forms.

Another shot:
Bastioni

1 Like

I created a blendfile to convert any Skyrim CBBE compatible texture to ManuelLab. The textures need a little rework with the clone brush after baking to get rid of seam lines, but it’s really easy. You have to export the Skyrim textures to a blender compatible format before though. I uploaded the blendfile to my cloud. Feel free to use it but consider asking the original textures author for permission before using it. The blendile contains an example using the FairSkin textures by HHaleyy Have fun

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2C0As2XumE3Su3rB4T-_g8XCsS

Hi,

Is there a possibility to create similar characters with Bastioni Lab (attachment) ? I’ve tried with the anime type, but legs are always too long. And offcourse I need rig, and expressions. I know I can shorten the legs after creation, but then I believe nothing will work, or is there a workaround?

This is as close as I can get to your proportions. Adjusted Leglength, body size, head size, leg size and feet size

1 Like

thats very stylized. perhaps well outside of the lab scope.

Will the eyeballs be a different mesh with the new base meshes? Because now it’s difficult to have the eyes follow an object in Unity3D (or other game engine). Blend Shapes are not really great for that.

Hi guys, is there any fix for the flat gluteus for the f_an02(anim fem) in the actual version? thanks

THX for the attempta, sadly this need to be for children 4-8. Ok need to work traditionally.

Having eyes as separate objects is not possible, because it would be very difficult to keep in sync with the body morphing. Anyway it’s planned to develop a face rigging that will include the eyes too (but it will require time).

once you finalize the character, its easy to add some basic bones to the eyes.

i even go so far as to create new eyeballs that are spheres (saving verts for game) and use normal maps on the iris.

1 Like

Talking about eyes, here is a preview of new eye model, texture and shader: http://www.manuelbastioni.com/gallery_170_06.php

5 Likes

Hey guys, is it normal that one toe bone has “connected” ticked and not the other one? It changes the behavior with the floor constraint

mine is like this, 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.1a. shouldnt hurt anything to fix it.

Hello,

Manuel thanks for this great tool.

And I have some issues.

My Question Is.

Is there any way to apply Subsurface modifier before the finalize the character.

I want use models in Unity with face expression shape keys. I cannot do with sub surface modifier. Without subsurface modifier, meshes are just Meh.

My Humble regards.

You can use the shapekey helpers addon, to apply subdivision and maintain the shapekeys. Im on mobile so you have to search google or BA yourself

Hello,
thanks for support.

And it does not work for me. Gives an error. I’m not sure but if I sense correctly my low end (4gb) setup does not enough power to complete this.

After stops it creates lot of meshes and it seems each of them represents each shape key. However meshes are broken and look like creature from H.P.Lovecraft universe.

Does any one can confirm is this work or not ?

My humble regards

No. In future I’d like to investigate the problem of applying the subdivision on meshes with shapekeys, but at the moment I’m very busy with the huge todo list of 1.7.0.

I’m working hard on the new meshes for lab 1.7.0. They will be more detailed and realistic.

1 Like

Thanks, at least I got my official word and God bless you Manuel.

And until 1.7.0 I have to do it with old school fugly hacks.

Yeah it seems like you ran out of memory. The script creates a copy of the mesh for each shape key, applies all modifiers and then joins each mesh back together (as shape-key). What you could do is make a copy of you character, delete half of the shapekeys, apply them. Then delete the other half of the shape keys at the original, apply the modifiers and then finaly transfer the shapekeys from one mesh to another.

Hello, thanks again.

Your method was confirmed. It works.

And I try another machine with 8 gb ram. Results are same. Maybe problem was not releated with memory.

Anyway thank you so much. :smile:

My Humble Regards.

PS: Does any one know how to make older skin and change brow colors with age and it seems my eye color does not change.