Manuel Bastioni Lab, turns Blender in a laboratory for 3d humanoids creation

add-ons

(nomax5) #1481

ahh sorry Manuel didn’t see the roadmap…

This maybe and probably is a newbie question but here goes:

I’m designing a workflow for MBLab models into Unity for animation etc.
I’ve got a unity asset to control eye movement within unity but it needs separate eye models
I can see eyes in the character model when I switch to wireframe but they’re not separate things I need left eye & right eye.
is it easy to make them separate in Blender? if so I can add it to my workflow.

I’m trying to avoid fiddling with the actual model in blender if I can.

Cheers
Roy


(Maurizio Morriello) #1482

Dear Manuel

thank you for sharing this amazing tool! Perhaps you can clarify something regarding the measurements system?

I have built a script that generates 500 Caucasian female avatars (an example of the code is below).

I derived the the measures of my 500 avatars from statistical analysis on the Ansur public database. Basically these avatars represent a sample of all different body types (e.g. Hourglass, Triangle etc). I know the value of all of the measures that can be specified in the Lab, for each of the 500 avatars.

However, when I use the Lab and insert the measures (e.g. bust girth, hips girth etc), these do not seem to be applied accurately to the avatar generated. E.g. when I measure the resulting mesh, I notice that some measures do not match the values that I specified.

Is this because the measurement system is still “experimental”? if so, do you have an idea when it may be improved?

I would be happy to help testing the measurement system if useful (for instance, using the script and baseline data I created).

If this is of help, can I contact you directly to see what can be done?

For context, my project is as follows. I developed a tool that stitches the patterns of clothes on my 500; from that I can provide a measure of fit to the wider population. The pattern are taken from any industrial fashion CAD e.g. Optitex.

Thanks!

import manuelbastionilab
blab_measures = {
“upperarm_axillary_girth”: 0.3151,
“shoulders_width”: 0.3837,
“wrist_girth”: 0.1543,
“upperleg_top_girth”: 0.62,
“buttock_girth”: 1.0587,
“waist_girth”: 0.801,
“lowerleg_calf_girth”: 0.3751,
“chest_girth”: 0.9682,
“body_height_Z”: 1.57,
“upperleg_bottom_girth”: 0.39
# I have more measures from my Ansur analysis, but these seems to produce the most accurate results so far
}
#generate avatar mesh:
humanoid = manuelbastionilab.mblab_humanoid
humanoid.automodelling(use_measures_from_dict=blab_measures, mix=False)

Here is the mesh produced (in grey) vs. a mesh with the proportions as I specified in the code (in pink, from another tool).


(Manuel) #1483

Assuming that you are working on a finalized model:

Edit mode -> Select the linked vertices with L key -> Separate with P key.
Note that altering the topology will create problems with shapekeys.

Yes.

In version 1.7.x the workflow of measure system will be modified: the results will be more realistic, but limited in the range of the selected template. For example it will be impossible to obtain an overweight character starting from an underweight template. For more info about the workflow see: http://www.manuelbastioni.com/wip_170003_new_models_gui_and_expressions.php


(Oscalon) #1484

Coming back to this issue, I have sent you a link to a file with the problem in your messages. Please check them. Thanks!