mapping dominoes

Hi,

I’m brand new here. I have a seies of falling dominoes that I’m trying to get separate jpeg pics on each. I’m having 2 problems that I can’t find any answers to thru tutorials.

!-Can’t seem to get one photo one domino thing to work. The program likes to pick one or two and duplicate to the others.

2- I need to scale, move and crop in the uv edit window live so I get the right part of photo on each individual domino. doing it before-hand on ps is an impossible hit and miss.

Thank you for your help~~ms

!-Can’t seem to get one photo one domino thing to work. The program likes to pick one or two and duplicate to the others.
What does this mean ?

2- I need to scale, move and crop in the uv edit window live so I get the right part of photo on each individual domino. doing it before-hand on ps is an impossible hit and miss.
Textured view mode and edit UVs with the same controls as in the 3d viewport (S = scale, R = rotate, G = translate)

Rather than having to rely on that poor description, for support questions please ALWAYS supply a clear and concise description of your problem accompanied with clear and appropriate annotated screenshots and most importantly a download link to a demo blend file that clearly demonstrates the problem.

Are the dominoes individual objects? Each object would need its own material and image texture. When you say “The program likes to pick one or two and duplicate to the others” it sounds like you are using the same material(s) for all your dominoes. In the materials panel, look at the user number for each material/texture. For each different material for each different domino, if there is a number (2or higher) left of the “F”, then 2 (or more) objects are using that same material.

Posted this a while back. That one is random based though and you loose control over which dominoes are textured with what part of the image. Might be a way around that too, but I’m not able to check it out (currently rendering testanim).

Hi

Use the Image as Plane in Add/Mesh…It setup Picture for You.

As other have said…All Dominoes are copy of the first one…That’s why they get the same picture…:slight_smile:

Select a Domino go Properties - Materiale…In Add New Materiale Box… Click the + it will give Domino a New Materiale.
Remove picture and load a New.

If You have used Image as Plane Picture will fit…:slight_smile:

Welcome on board

Tai

I setup a quick and dirty version for selecting one random from a 7x4 grid of dominoes. All dominoes in one file, and all dominoes use the same material. I am finding 3/6 (lower left), 6/6 (lower right), and 0/6 (top right), but somehow unable to produce 0/0 (top left). Not sure if the math is wrong or I just got unlucky :slight_smile:

Thank you all. Your tips took care of my problems.

I have do have a new one. There is an identicle image on the top and bottom of every domino. I can not figure out how to change them except one at a time. How can I select a bunch or all of the tops or bottoms? I’ve tried using “b” and “c”, but that’s not working. I’ve tried holding down shift or control and clicking, but that didn’t work either. There are a lot of them.

Thank you again~~ms