Mapping Texture with a Node

I have a texture with a cloud noise and I am using it as normal map for a material.

I want this texture to have e very small X Scale, so that it appears to be a scratched surface but I can’t find how to do it, and If it was a material without nodes I’d be able to make the mapping as Object or Global or Local, and then change it’s scale.

Maybe there’s a workaround on how to do this effect and I can’t think of it, I’m new to node editing in Blender so maybe this is a simple problem.

Thanks, all help is appreciated. :slight_smile:

Blender Internal and Cycles do this differently so you need to tell us which one you are using?

Blender Render, sorry abou that!

Thanks

That would be the texture panel in the properties window then.

Using nodes on materials doesn’t allow me to set mapping options on textures.

I actually got pretty close to what I was looking for, I added a geometry input and linked the orco to a vector mapping, than to a vector normalize and then to the vector of the texture, and on the mapping I shrinked one of the scales!

What I’m trying to do now is to smooth the normal mapping so the “bump” is not so hard.

If anyone had a better solution, please let me know! Thanks!

I just realised that I should add my texture to my material in the texture panel in order to map it correctly and change the amount of the normal, color, etc… I was just adding it in the node editor!

Thanks for the help!