Mapping tiled textures to objects or surfaces in the scene, with universal scale

I have (pretty-much) finished modelling a scene - an Interior of a house - my first using Blender.

I am now attaching materials.
Architectural space -in many cases, including this, is basically rectilinear. Materials that have a repetitive angle tend to easily fit “in place” since there are not many odd angles. With programs I’ve used before (such as AutoCAD and Accurender) , I would relate the UV scale to my scene global scale - so that eg a tile would measure 20X20cm and it would match up well 90% of the cases (users), without specific unwrapping. If some places the tile was at an angle I didn’t wish or the start-point of the tile was off or I wished a different scale specifically, then only would I map (by unwrapping - though it wasnt called such) to the specific surface.

Though I have read much these days, Blender is still new to me and being rich, still confusing.

Please what is the most direct way to replicate the above procedure in Blender?
Specifically it’s the settings for textures under “Image Mapping”/ “Image Sampling” and “Mapping” that seem to need the right values, but the combinations baffle me…

Texture scaling to real world measurements on Blender.StackExchange forum

The jist of it :

If you only work with planes or meshes in which all faces have 90° angles between them, following the local object’s coordinates, yes (typically planes and cubes which were only rotated in object mode and on which you didn’t apply the rotation). You have to apply scale first with Ctrl + A -> scale.

1. Unwrap in edit mode with U, select the cube projection mode. By default it will make the smallest image’s side to be 2 Blender Units long.
  1. In Node Editor: Connect a Texture Coordinate Node with UV output to a Mapping node. Connect this Mapping node output to the vector input of your Image Texture Node.
  2. Choose the appropriate Scale values in the Mapping node. “Scale factor” = 2 / “image’s smallest side in Real World distance”. The 2 is because of the cube projection scaling the smallest side to 2 BU. If you know your image is 1m on x and on 4m on y (in the real world), then give 2/1= 2 for x an y scale in the Mapping node

If you want more complicated object, use smart UV project, but it doesn’t always work as you want.