MARBLE MAYHEM full game available!

I really want too add it by the end with the next week but that might never happen :worried:. I’m graduating very soon and as far as time goes I need to squeeze out what’s supposed to be the coolest, longest, and hardest level with in a few hours. I really want to add it in because it would ignite more of a reason to play the game (and more than once after beating it). Unfortunately it is for that reason that it’s pushed to the back burner, and it’s also the reason for there only being four levels as opposed to five. You can also assume that the retro themed levels are also on the chopping block :disappointed:.

Which country you are from?

Who knows, maybe I will follow up with a sequel some day.

I’m from the United States.

On color schemes, I plan on making the final level some sort of techno space stage. I’m thinking of using these as a color right now:

I think part of my inspiration for the “Climax” stage’s theme is coming from Kirby Air Ride track, Nebula Belt.

(is it obvious I really like Metroid and Kirby yet :thinking:? Yeah, probably. :laughing:)

1 Like

Thanks to you,now I have an idea to make my game

1 Like

Nice! :smiley:

MARBLE MAYHEM DEMO v1.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Marble Mayhem.blend (4.5 MB) Press ‘P’ to start the game, use WASD to control the marble.
What’s new?

• level three is now complete.
  • Implements boost ramps for jumps. (was demonstrated in level 2 briefly)

Level 3 is also at times very reflex based. You will have to think on fly because you won’t always have the option to slow down.

Here’s some screen shots of the game:

Comments and critiques are welcomed and very much appreciated.

1 Like

hardest marble game ever!

But I will make it a little bit DEADLY.

1 Like

How so?
I was wondering how you were going to make use of the idea earlier. I’m guessing your gonna have spray paint cans rolling down a slope (or falling) that will crush the player instead of just pushing. Am I on the right track. :slightly_smiling_face:

It will spawns spray paint cans,spike and saw.

Sounds cool!

But I will go for a holiday today. :sob::sob::sob:

Lol. I know that feeling. I had no school for a week for winter recess/ Christmas/ New Years. I was so annoyed because I had so many things I wanted to get done. This kind of work has never been so bad that I’ve wanted quit for good, It’s quite the opposite of that actually. I like working on this project.

When you will start making level 4?

I bet ppl replaying inhere didn’t even download your game!

Guess what i did and… How do you get up the first ramp?
what ever key i press it gets to a total stand still, can’t get over it, no matter what i do.

1 Like

Level four is already almost finished. I’m wrapping it up tomorrow, credits to the owners of the music remixes as well as the original composers, special thanks sections, and some menu changes.

If you’re referring to the download link not showing any downloads/ clicks, I’ve talked to @bartv about it. He said it’s probably a bug that will get fixed. You’re download doesn’t show on the topic either. lol

In the blue level (2) or the red level (3)? In both levels you need momentum to clear the ramp, gaining it can take a little bit (similar to Sonic, you want to keep it when you can because when you lose it it’ll take while to get it back). Level 3 uses boosts in ways that aren’t utilized in the same way before then. Level three uses boosts to clear large jumps as well as one very steep ramp.

Another thing is that the spikes on level 2 do two things. 1) They will kill the player if they rise while the player is on top of them. 2) If you bump into the side of them, you will get dizzy. The dizzy effect lasts about half a second (indicated when the marble stops spinning rapidly on the global z axis. Once the marble does stop playing the player can regain control by re-pressing W,A,S, or D.

Screenshots of the problem would be very appreciated because tomorrow is the last day I’m working on it and some I will have to leave the forums. I’m a little upset that I have to, but the laptop I’ve been using belongs to the school and they need it back before I’m allowed to graduate. I will make another topic for that though so please don’t draw attention to it hear. :slight_smile:

Full game and blend file is finished, but due to some upload/ download issues and security concerns, the link has removed. A new one will be put up in some time. again thanks for your understanding.

thanks again
GoodBye

2 Likes