Marijuana?

I was just wondering what people thought about the whole legalising pot issue. I mean its not like being high on pot ever killed someone, it actually mellows you out and makes you think deeply about a lot of things; the only problem I see with it is that every govermont is spending so much money trying to fight it, while instead it could be making Country’s money by having the gov’t heavily tax it.
It’s a whole lot better then liquor and liquor isn’t banned so I don’t really see why pot is. So what if it kills a couple brain cells; what doesnt? All those commercials you see where like people say pot got their best friend killed is bullsh-- Maybe they were high at the time but they were proably high on a lot of other things to.
P.S Being high makes blending ALOT funner! and cooler!

Just guessing by the amount of yes’es and no’s you were stoned while making this pole.

weed should stay illegal and tabaccoo whould go the same way
At least tobacco doesn’t cause psychosies
EDIT
Not defending alcohol or anything, but studies have shown that a glass of red wine a day makes you healthier, and live longer. No one could possibly say “a cone a day will make you healthier”- i know this First Hand- from whatching the 4 people i lived with for a while.
Every drug has side effects, and weed absolutely effects they higher workings of the brain, such as memory. I also know this first hand.
My dad works with people sent crazy through the use of pot (and no they wern’t crazy before they started). You wouldn’t wish what they had on your worse enemy.
Even if this is just 5%, or even .005% (and it is much higher trust me, about 20 people out of a population of 25,000, and only like 1/5 max out of those would be users), if it was legalised that would meen literally tens of thousands of people. with serious mental deseases. It’s already in the hundreds just in this country. Not to mention the effects Pot has on young childresn, or on pregnant ladies, which you can say “Don’t do” but will, is just awfull. Pregnant wemon who heavily smoke pot end up with deformed babies, both mentaly and physically. That kid you knew at school, dumb as shit and couldn’t learn anything? Ask, he’s mom probly smoked pot amongst other things when she was pregnant. I had a freind Kyle who’s mom had smoked pot when she was pregnant.
Tobacco is too much already.

Im not defending any of these drugs, but my mom smoked pot when she was pregnant with me and I came out fine. No deformations, and no lack in intelegence. Most people would describe me as a rather intelegent person. And you are talking about wine that makes you healthier, not beer. They are very different. Beer has a higher intoxication and is alot more dangerous. My oppinion on legalizing marijuana would be yes and no. I know people who have smoked Marijuana sense they were 13 and they are now in their 40’s and they really don’t have any major side effects, besides the addiction, and loss of certain braincells they probably don’t use. Im not saying its good, because it is very bad. But certain drugs that are legal now are alot mroe dangerous than pot.

Ok, that’s a statement that doesn’t work.

And besides, to argue that it should be legal because other drugs are misses the point why the other drugs are legal. Alchohol aren’t legal because it’s good, it’s legal because people would not accept an law against it. While (most)people do accept the law against other drugs. I do think that tobacco will be less legal in the future for sure, already today there are beginning to come laws that regulates wether you can smoke in bars.

The number of medical studies relating to marijuana and it’s long term effects are very small. Far more research has been done on alchohol, cigarettes, and coffee than pot. So the verdict is still out according to the medical community. Some long term users have shown tendicies towards schizophrenia, but that’s wasn’t likely cause by smoking pot, but by the individuals genetic makeup, which heavy marijuana use exacerbates.

Just from casual observation, I would say alcohol causes far more damage to society than marijuana. When I was in college, i can’t recall the number of times I saw people get violent because they were drunk. But have you ever seen a pack of enraged, belligerent stoners? I haven’t. Their all watching TV.

Should you put people in jail for smoking pot? No way. It’s a complete waste. Jail should be for violent offenders, imo.

Ok, that’s a statement that doesn’t work.

And besides, to argue that it should be legal because other drugs are misses the point why the other drugs are legal.[/quote]

A statement that doesn’t work? What do you mean by that? And Im not saying to legalize it because other drugs are legalized. I was just saying yes and no, yes just because there really isn’t a point in putting people in jail for it, and it really doesn’t do that much harm. And no because it is a drug, and does cause ‘some’ harm. Its just my oppinion, sorry if I wasn’t clear :expressionless:

Beacause you should not use yourself as an example of an sane individual. Even though this is not the worst scenario of that.
More fun is the statement from people beating their child that “I vere beaten as a child and I did not tkae hurt from it” (that’s very funny as they obviusly did since they are beating their child)
And beacause that even if you vere lucky it doesn’t mean that everyone are, you have to use statitics for theese situations IMO.

And since not enough studies have been made to prove that it’s safe it’s stupid to legalize it. If scientists after studies agreed on the safety of the drug, it would maybe be worth taking into consideration.

Arg, your post is hard to read, you need to take time to type and read over it, no offense. Im guessing your saying that I couldn’t say im not stupid? Because if I was then I couldn’t say I wasn’t? Your post is confusing

yourself as an example of an sane individual. Even though this is not the worst scenario of that.

Explain…Im not sure what ‘an sane individual’ is…“just pointing out why im confused”

"I vere beaten as a child and I did not tkae hurt from it

Grammar

But I think you are trying to say that people beating their children can’t say that they wern’t harmed from their parents beating them.

But I don’t smoke so I don’t see how that could apply to my situation…

Um… I think my thoughts made sense, but I agree on that my post was confusing. Ehm, ignore my posts here is my tip… :expressionless:

Lol, I understand…you just didn’t know how to say it? Haha, it got all jumbled up when it came out, hehe, its ok :smiley:

weed should stay illegal and tabaccoo whould go the same way
At least tobacco doesn’t cause psychosies

Thats only if you smoke way to much; and I mean a huge amount, and lets face it some people are crazy but they try really hard to act normal but when they smoke pot it brings it out.

Not defending alcohol or anything, but studies have shown that a glass of red wine a day makes you healthier, and live longer. No one could possibly say “a cone a day will make you healthier”

A glass of red wine is not what I was talking about, I was talking about lots of beer, well not even lots just enough to get you drunk, being drunk makes you violent, ignorant, crazy, and freaking stupid. Being stoned makes you mellow, happy, peaceful, creative, and stupid; but not nearly as stupid as being drunk.

Not to mention the effects Pot has on young childresn, or on pregnant ladies, which you can say “Don’t do” but will, is just awfull. Pregnant wemon who heavily smoke pot end up with deformed babies, both mentaly and physically.

Well no shit, a pregnent lady shouldn’t be doing any drug or drinking any alcohol, its not only pot its everything a pregnent women does; right done to the very food she eats. Also I am pretty sure alcohol has a much higher rate of having deformed babies then marijuana does.

Just from casual observation, I would say alcohol causes far more damage to society than marijuana. When I was in college, i can’t recall the number of times I saw people get violent because they were drunk. But have you ever seen a pack of enraged, belligerent stoners? I haven’t. Their all watching TV.

So true, all people want to do when their stonned is go hang with their friends and talk about stuff, or go watch a T.V show togethor and notice all the weird little errors. If someone goes and picks a fight with a stoned person, the stonner is not going to want to fight, he/she will most likely try to walk away from the fight. (exactly what our mothers told us isn’t it?)

P.S about the poll, I dunno its only got 2 options on it and the other yes or no’s only total into two. not 6

Not really, my mom always told me to fight back…lol

drugs are bad mmmkay? :slight_smile:

<sorry, just had to do it>

just say no!

The only reason pot is outlawed in the US is because it makes better paper.
It is cheaper to make. It is safer to use. And rain forest dont have to be destroyed for us to use a god damn post-it note then trash it when we are done.

I think that pot should be legalized. And not because i smoke it (cuz i dont) because i want the paper companies to burn in hell.

[OG]GrYpHoN

A glass of red wine is not what I was talking about, I was talking about lots of beer, well not even lots just enough to get you drunk, being drunk makes you violent, ignorant, crazy, and freaking stupid. Being stoned makes you mellow, happy, peaceful, creative, and stupid; but not nearly as stupid as being drunk.

There you say “pot is only bad if you have heaps, but alcohol is bad when you have heaps, therefore alcohol is bad”
ANY drug in excess is bad, alcohol in excess makes you drunk and stupid, pot in excess gives you severe brain damage, leading to things like psychosies and skitzofrenia (excuse the spelling)

The only reason pot is outlawed in the US is because it makes better paper.
It is cheaper to make. It is safer to use. And rain forest dont have to be destroyed for us to use a god damn post-it note then trash it when we are done.

Let me just say WTF. That post makes no sense whatso ever, Pot does NOT make good paper, and imagine if it did “Oh no theres an office fire! ooooo… ahh fuck it lets just lie down and burn a little”… :S
i think you thinking of Hemp there. And besides, you would need the same weight of Pot (IF it made paper) as they use of reainforests, which would mean millions of acres, and pot is a lot less dense then rainforest is.

Look the fact is any chemical which alters your brain chemistery does damage-period. The amount varies from drug to drug and from person to person. Apsrin does next to no damage, but in excess, can make you very sick. Alcohol kills brain cells, if used in excess. Pot if used in excess kills many cellls and screws your brain chemistry, for ong periods of time.
One of the things which makes pot bad is the fact that it stays in your system - for up to 6 months- because the THC dissolves in your fat, and leaks out slowly. In fact if you have a fat joint today they can still detect it in your blood 6 months later.
So having a a joint, compared wiyth alcohol, is like getting drunk for 6 months straight, even tho the effects are reduced after your initial high.It’s the prelonged exposure which contributes a great deal towards the harm it does.
My dad’s job is in the Mental Health department in one of the hospitals in my town. He deals with people every day who are heavy users of pot. Yupo, and you can say “Oh it’s only cos they use it in excess” but Any legalized drug is going to get used in excess, take alcohol for example.
No i’m not just repeating hype either, or what has been rammed down my throat. One person after getting high at a party became convinced he was a tomato and grabbed a large knife and began attempting to peel himself for the salad bowl. One guy stole the tv remote from a room in the hospital and took it home to control the mice. Many people end up with paraniod skitzofrenia, ie “They’re all plotting against me”, and a few are even getting hullicinations regularly- voices in their head. I don’t care how small a group this is, no legalised drug has this effect on ANYONE, not ONE PERSON in the world, if it did it wouldn’t be lagalised.
Alcohol is legalised because people would never accept it illegalised and because it is far to easy to make. Tobbacco makes the goverment shitloads of money, but here in Australia, ismoking is banned in almost every indoors public space. And for good reason.
As i said in my first post, i couldn’t care whether it effects 1% or .0001%, and it effects alot more then that, it is still far to many people.
There is absolutly no doubt it causes damage, the way there is no doubt alcohol in excess causes damage, but at least alcohol doesn’t send you permanantly crazy. There IS a reason why pot is illegal why thousands of other medicinal herbs and drugs are not.

Good God I’m always amazed at what some people say, and how limited their thought processes are. I quote from Dark Echo.

“My dad works with people sent crazy through the use of pot (and no they wern’t crazy before they started).”

Most forms of mental illness take years to manifest, often not being detectable untill the person is in their 20 - 30’s. Am I to believe that these people your dad works with smoke pot but don’t drink alcohol (proven to cause psycosis in long term users) or use cocaine or crack (ditto)? That they weren’t exposed to some of the many toxic chemicals (PVC’s, heavy metals, etc) that are found in many households and almost ALL manufacturing facilities?

“Even if this is just 5%, or even .005% (and it is much higher trust me, about 20 people out of a population of 25,000, and only like 1/5 max out of those would be users)”

According to the American Medical Association 52% of Americans between 18 and 45 have experimented with marijuana, and 15% use it regularly (at least once a month). Yet there aren’t “literally tens of thousands of people. with serious mental deseases” caused by marijuana.

“Pregnant wemon who heavily smoke pot end up with deformed babies, both mentaly and physically.”

There is absolulely NO evidence to support this, and I’d suspect the women who did create birth defects also drank alchohol and smoked ciggarettes, both of which HAVE been proven to cause birth defects. (Not that pregnant women should use ANY drug, even caffeine)

"I had a freind Kyle who’s mom had smoked pot when she was pregnant. "

Does kyle know you called him “dumb as shit”? Some friend you are.

Now, I’m not saying pot is all good, heavy use has been linked to emphesema, but C. Everett Koop, former Surgeon General of the United States called Marijuana the “best natural, homeopathic remedy known to mankind”

The real reason pot’s illegal is it’s ability to replace oil (and oil money runs the US, hell we’ve invaded two counties for it in the last four years). Hemp can be used to make plastic CHEAPER than oil can. It’s the best biomass on the planet (biomass is biological material that can be converted to fuel.) You get more methanol per acre from pot than ANY other plant.
Hemp oil can be used as a substitute for diesel fuel.

http://www.hempcar.org/

Famous pot smokers and advocates include:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
John F Kennedy
Louis Pastuer
Albert Einstien
Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Edison
Confucious

Famous pot haters include:

Adolph Hitler
Ho Chi Mihn
Saddam Hussein
George Bush (junior and senior)
John Ashcroft

Which crowd would you rather belong to?

BTW, I’m stoned right now and I CAN STILL SPELL BETTER THAN YOU!

Tommy

Right on Tokabola!
plus, though i personally don’t believe pot harmful, one of my main reasons for believing it shout be legal is about freedom. Your body belongs to you, doesn’t it?
therefore why should any government, or regime be able to tell you what to do with it, or what you can or can’t put into it?
also it’s all about learning to NOT force your views on others.
Your dislike of it gives you no right to try and keep others from being able to do it.

I want to drink a case of beer and drive 150kph along the highway!
Why can’t I? It’s my body, and my car!