(This is controlled with a ps3 type joystick)
Trying to get Mario’s basic moveset down. I’ve already gotten things like jumping/falling animations to work pretty smoothly, and I’m happy with how the camera works. Some big problems right now:
- I can’t get the controls down. Specifically, how Mario rotates. Usually, in Mario games, Mario’s orientation parallels the way the analog stick is facing. However, I can’t figure how to do this smoothly.
- Some of the animations don’t blend into each other, even though they are set to do so. I have them all on different layers, and most of them do blend together, but some don’t.
- The Character physics type’s movement options are very limited. I would switch to the Dynamic physics type, but when I try to implement the jump, it’s extremely floaty, and when Mario moves in the air, sometimes never leaves the air.
Aside from those, things are running pretty smoothly, and I plan to add more moves as I perfect the ones I have right now. Some moves I plan to implement:
- Long Jumping
- Triple Jumps
- Carrying/Throwing of objects
- Ledge Grabbing
Moves already implemented:
- Running (Left Stick + X)
- Jump (A)
- “Blinking” (Left Shoulder Button) This move sends Mario forward and up into the air instantaneously. Cooldown timer of 20 seconds.
Here’s the .blend file: