Mario Kart-like Game

Lately, I have been working on a racing game. I made a simple, working AI setup for opponent cars. It’s good for the most part, except the cars sometimes go too fast and skid off the track and can’t find their way back on.

Well, I came to the conclusion that I don’t want to make a good, detailed car game because that would take lots of work and I’m honestly not very good at modeling and texturing. :o

So I thought, Mario Kart! I could make a game like that without putting enormous amounts of effort into it. Since I already have an AI setup, all I have to do is make vehicles and tracks… and all the other stuff.

I’m not a very good idea person, so I came to ask for some ideas for a game like this, such as: Characters (Not sure about that), vehicles, tracks, weapons etc.

I don’t want to make a game exactly like Mario Kart. Just something with simple graphics, simple AI and different weapons to mess with the other racers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m intersted to help, you got msn?

Actually, I was planning on doing it by myself. Unless, later on I find out I can’t or it takes too long. The only thing so far I think I may need help on is the sound effects and music because I won’t download them (or textures) from the internet because I consider that cheating :stuck_out_tongue: