Maritime World of Blender Part 3

(barrymaritime) #1

Part 2 has become too cluttered so maritime world of Blender part 3.

http://www.bgcoastalpast.com/

I will leave the two maritime routes on the ‘completed games’ forum, Annan and Port Carlisle and Silloth, both with scenarios. These will be for a trial run for a few months up to April or May then I decide whether to renew my domain name contract, also will see how this thread fares.

Regarding crtitique definitely not required as I am aware of how the commercial ship simulators work and their functions. Blender is a different kettle of fish with the removed game engine. I make routes available for download so they have to be fairly basic to keep the frame rates reasonable.

Of course relevant discussion is most welcome which in turn helps me to decide what to do as regards the available downloads. Discussion can be a simple as say downloads OK, or texture missing, or whatever. Also if you make any of your relevant mariime content open source and free I might be able to include the ideas in some of the routes. The only restriction I make is my items or textures are not for commercial use. Also other factors might come into play as regards continuing to make routes available for download such as health etc.

At present only the two routes mentioned are currently available for download. I will continue around the coastline starting after Silloth ‘again’ but impossible to set a fixed era, so ships, boats, barges might be a mix of sail, paddle-wheel, screw drive…if I can manage to make any at all (smile).

Also trying to find out from the Internet what some of the harbours were like up to 2 centuries back might be impossble…with derelict harbours almost buried in the mud and silt, also many are now marinas. I will base the routes on osm as can work over a base map to position the quays. Scaling the etracted map section size up to match Blender size. Any obvious recent deep water docks for container ships or gaint size cruise liners I will try and omit.

Simulation unlike games can never be completed as there will always be something to add or remove, or to alter or change…to try and add to the relevant limited realism. The only way I will be able to make the routes available will be to rotate them after say about seven downloadable route, including Annan and Silloth in the total which I will leave online. Routes will start as basic with one drivable vessel. Routes can the be added to slowly and updated versions online…up to about varying seven or so. A few of the routes might have scenarios but I am more interested in pre-set ship traffic operated fom keyboard eventually.

Barry

(mziskandar) #2

I’m glad that you have multiple parts.
Loading tons of long thread (no paging) is like browsing Facebook.

(barrymaritime) #3

Thanks for reply. Becoming too tedious and difficult to easily find replies on these mile long thread. I prefer short threads then open another, and the first thread can then be locked as in uktrainsimulator but… Barry

(barrymaritime) #4

Lnk to my site with download, screenshots and details at top of thread.
At the time of posting I have remade the Isle of Man as basic version 1 maritime route . About 44 km route but by replacing seabed and 1 click of decimate function reduced from almost 400,000 vertices down to 70,000 verices, Dowload ubder 9 meg I think. One drivable sailing flat. Harbours will be much later.
So back to 3 routes online to download.
The next will be Maryport to Whitehaven on Solway Firth as basic version 1. This will need 4 harbours making so again version 1 basic and harbours much later. B

(barrymaritime) #5

Online basic route, version 1 - harbours to be made later.
Maryport, Workington, Harrington, Whitehaven. as one route following along the Solway Firth.
Also details in screenshot.
Low vertices as over half seabed replaced.
Frame rate still at default vert. sync 59.9 or 60
29 kilometers length and 15 km width.
Drivable sailing flat. tfgh.
Textures grass, grass with rock, sand on seabed. About 7 megs.
See link to site at top of this thread.
When I reach 7 routes in this batch I might start updating some of the 7, before moving to next batch which will be add one remove one to keep total count of 7 or 8 downoadable.

B

(barrymaritime) #6

Link to site at top of thread

Following along the coastline now up to Millom which is available for download, about 10 meg. Again vertices reuced by thousands by replacing sea-bed with 4 vertices flat sheet.

Except for the Annan and Silloth routes all or most of the routes will be version 01, harbours, etc will be later as/if I update them. I deleted a lot of content a little while back so would need a lot remaking such as Conway castle and Liverpool docks etc c1800 and/or c1830s. I will see if I can get around to Porthmadog North Wales (again) before starting the updates. That would needs 6 or 7 castles making. Flint, Rhuddlan, Conway, Beaumaris, Caernarvon, Harlech, aso ships needed…all at a later date…maybe (smile)
P.S.vessel tfgh keys

B

(barrymaritime) #7

My site link at top of page

If I keep the website after next Spring I need to do things differently.
My site is read worldwide not just by this forum and the method used for the downloads need to be simple.

What I want to know is what will be the size of my zip file for download if I change to UPBGE. Will each route need Blender enclosed 360 or so meg as I use embedded with 2.79b. This just needs the person to downlooad the 2.79b version of Blender and then download the maritime routes they require from my site. The zip file of these is currently up to about 20 meg.

Will the person downloading oeed to download upbgeblend only as it carries Blender with it. I will only need to zip file the route to the 15 to 20 meg or so. This will need an exe zip file fron the upbge website of upbge to open my upbge file…if I change to upbge?.

Is UPBGE goIng to be updated on a continuous basis as info seems sparse on their site?.
I can open my routes made in 2,79b perfectly with UPBGE straight into the Game Engine and not edit mode.

Until I can find out I will continue with 2.79b embedded version and would need similar for UPBGE.?

If unable to help please do not post.
Same applies to my routes if I make more I will give just brief details. No screenshots as they are on my site… for those interested in maritime, if not there is no problem and no need/reason to post.
Discussion welcome as always but no critque required.

Finally still undecided about continuing my domain site after Spring with one thing and another which in turn will end my downloads and association with Bender Artists. Barry.

(barrymaritime) #8

I have removed the post as similar details to above which I will try and make clearer.

(barrymaritime) #9

On these forums I am no longer posting screenshots of the past ages and bygone times. See my site if interested in maritime coastal bygone times, basic routes, mini-screenshots, photographs of old docks, basic routes to download with updates, etc, blog-type details

I can reply to queries on this thread.
Barry
http://www.bgcoastalpast.com/