Maritime World of Blender Part 5 - Coastal Past Ages

Next is Morecambe Bay. A dangerous area of sands with the channels flooding very quickly and extremely dangerous to be trapped on the sanbanks with the tide rushing in. There have been people drowned in the past as far as I know.

I would be interesting to make he different deep water channels but for these 5 meg of less routes it would be too complex to spend time on, but have made routes tidal before.

One decimate click reduced the vertices by half . The only harbour is Ulverston with sea gates, 2 kilometers in length canal channel. The banks are of a canal type but no towpath. Small vessels and schooners used it. not sure if pulled by the crew or horses?

Barry

For the next route I think I will just put it on as a basic route. With the period up to very early 19th century many of these places were mainly fishing villages or hamlets. Later they became harbours and dock. The next route is Heysham as we are still following along the coastline. Nowadays it runs the Isle of Man ferry from it’s harbour. Although this might be the catamaran ferry which also leaves from Liverpool.
So as there is not much to add to the basic route for early 19th Century I will just put a vessel on. maybe the very early paddle steamer.

The two routes after this already made are The Wyre which used to have fishing docks, then the Ribble which I think had the longest single dock in the UK at Preston. However it was not built until about 1885. Even this has now turned into a marina and Leisure complex. Not sure if they will fill in part of it. So very confusing trying to make these routes with docks continually changing or vanishing.

To make these later docks would need steamships to go with them, which are beyond my limited skills.
Reading up it mentions still an industrial port and it ferry service to the Isle of Man and Ireland.
Routes 1 to 7 were limited to the age of sail.

Maybe starting from Heysham I will add all the docks, used by steamships as well as schooners and brigantines, etc.
I will have a think about this before uploading route 8.
All routes are now below 5 meg which also includes the textures.
All my routes, my content, my objects, my textures are free.
However usual basic terms with each route.
Not for commercial use, use at your own risk.

I have moved the downloads to the completed games up to route 7. All further uploads from route 8 onwards will be on the completed section.

Barry