Market research

Just a thought, how about selling a Blender Book with the free creator? I mean something similar to Linux Books that are available, you are basically paying for the information/tutorials/extra stuffs on the book.
Make it from $30-100 range.
And significant upgrades are from $20- 50?

1. How much would you pay for Creator?

For the current Creator? None. I already have it. :wink:
As far as newer versions go:

Non-expiring license /w free upgrades: $300 to $600.
One-year license /w free upgrades for the durration of the license: $40 to $60.

1. How/what would you expect to be delivered?
    (e.g. Manuals and CD, just CD…buy manual seperately…etc.)

A CD with: The latest version of Blender for all supported operating systems, and an electronic manual (prefferabley in PDF format, though HTML would be fine too). Oh, and please do not package it in a big box. That’s just pointless. Just put it in a durrable CD case.

1. How much would you pay for a full version number upgrade?

I don’t care about version numbers. I care about well implimented, well thought-out features that integrate seamlessly with the rest of Blender, and bug fixes too.

1. How much should just Publisher plug-in cost?

You mean the thing for publishing real-time content? I do not, personally, have any use for the real-time aspects of Blender.

OTHER STUFF:

I think that Blender should be split into two products: GameBlender, and AnimationBlender. GameBlender would be oriented towards interactive, real-time content creation, and AnimationBlender would be oriented toward non-real time animation and rendering. Obviously, many features would over-lap between the two (such as modeling), but I think that seperating it into two products aimed at two different applications would be wise (not to mention that it would clean up the interface quite a bit).