Martin Schurig - 3D Scanning - Sketchbook

Welcome to my Sketchbook,
This is the place where I am going to share my 3d scans with you.

The first 3d scene I want to share with you is one of the first I have ever made.

Heiner(a somewhat famous statue in my hometown)

For the end of my first post I want to take a few seconds to talk about the process that goes into creating a 3d scan.
The are many different ways to do it. I am using a method called Photogrammetry. It is a very easy method. You take a camera(I used a Canon 700D with an 18-55mm lens) and you make pictures of the object you want to scan. From different angles, covering your howl object. In this case I to 100+ pictures. Down Below are a few to give you an idea how they look.

And then you use these pictures to generate the 3d modelle. In my case I used a software called Memento from autodesk (it is currently in Beta and free, so check it out, it is amazing! https://memento.autodesk.com/about)
And than you get your high res model in my case that was almost 5 million polygons.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them :slight_smile: Or anything else you want to say :wink:

Here is another scan I made

I use 122 pictures to make this scan. The original scan has more than 7 million polygons but this is a downscaled model with only 200.000.

Here is another scan, this time it is a Californian redwood(or just a part of it)

Here is a new project from me. This time it is a video, enjoy :slight_smile: