Mass Append

(Bapsis) #1

Hey guys,
I want to append a ship into a sceen, only thing is there are so many parts to it, is there anyway i can mass append the whole works in one go?

Cheers,
Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

PS: I use v2.23 btw, this isnt the append problem iv heard about recently, i hope. :wink:

(Millhouse) #2

Try saving another copy of the file and in the new copy converting the ship into a single mesh then appending it into the scene you want. it should work but i don’t know if that is the bug you are dealing with. I’d suggest you get 2.22 it is a downgrade but you don’t get the append problem

(S68) #3

You can do multiple selections in Append window exactly as you would do multiple selection of object in normal view (CTRL+LMB)

Stefano

(Bapsis) #4

thanks man!!!
Joining all the meshes worked, i was hesitant to do that because iv done it in the past with say 2 meshes with different textures, and i wind up with one mesh and just one texture, worked fine this time tho. :wink:

Cheers,
Matt

(Vidigiani) #5

Are you saying when you join to meshes that it keeps the original textures for each? Whats the secret?! :slight_smile:

(Millhouse) #6

I did it myself with couors but not textures. I’ll have a go and see what happens then tell you what i did

(Bapsis) #7

Are you saying when you join to meshes that it keeps the original textures for each? Whats the secret?!

Im not exactly sure, i was really expecting it to get reduced to one mesh and then i reckoned i would have to use multiple materials in the edit function to restore original colors and textures to parts of the model.
All i did was box select the whole ship (about 130 objects) and CONT J to join them. I think it was because they were all highlighted and didnt have one ?lead? highlight (lighter pink), like when you want to parent A to B you have to make sure A has the dominant selection. Since they were mass selected and then joined none had this dominant selection, but i suspect that if i had box selected it all, then shift+rightclicked to select say one of the windows THEN joined the meshes im pretty certain the whole ship would have ended up with a window texture.
Any of that make sence, i just woke up and havent even smoked a big fat… i mean drank a really big coffee…or something… yet. :wink:

Hope this helps, but would love to have someone with AcctuaL knowledge of this subject fill us in since this is just my best guess and im probably talkin’ s#it again. hehe :wink:

Matt