Master Tigress

so now you enabled filmic ?

Yeah, should probably have stated that ^^
I increased the brightness as well (from, like, 3 to 10; using Pro lighting skies stuff)
Not liking the result a whole lot. I still gotta figure out how all this lighting stuff works, it always looks a bit off.

It’s better than before but the background and the ground are too bright. You should find a way to have them darker. Also it would be great if the dropped shadows were more intense, but that’s more personal taste.

Just fooling around.

I re-did all Tigress’ fur and did a wallpaper. At first I did it with the old fur, but I realized that it didn’t work too well, since the density just wasn’t good enough. I rendered a 12k * by 6k version as well, which I had printed on a poster, which is going on my wall ^^

1 Like

Wow, it’s pretty close to the real thing now. The only thing that quickly catched my eyes is the black stains on the paws that look painted with a brush. I think they could have cleaner contours.

About the poster, it looks very good to me except for the semantics.
Tigress is a “good” character and this picture kind of suggests the opposite by its framing and composition.

• she’s viewed from below and cropped, which makes her look big and powerful, which is okay in itself but :
  • she’s also got a very aggressive look, which combined with the viewpoint and framing almost imposes fear to the viewer
  • in front of her are light rays, which means that’s what she’s fighting against. She’s even kind of blocking them with her paw. And… behind her :
  • although red is a rather positive color in china, fiery (or sparkly) patterns are much more recognized as a sign of danger accross all cultures (for very natural reasons). Here the background is not only very reddish but also sparkly and dark, and since it’s behind her, it suggests that’s what she’s bringing or coming from. I’d try some different pattern and adding some yellow, because apart from being more universally positive in all cultures, it’s considered “the most beautiful and prestigious color” in China. The wikipedia page even says it also symbolizes heroism.

All in all, if I hadn’t seen the movie and this was in front of the theater, I may assume she’s a bad guy.
Why not though ? If that’s what you had in mind, I mean it’s fan art after all.

Thanks! I agree with the paw-pads, I’m going to look into that next. There’s a little too much stretching going on as well which I’d like to fix.

I can’t really say I went into semantics at all when making the poster. I only wanted it to look cool ^^ But you have some very valid points.

Here’s the (almost) same image, with the old fur, for comparison. It has motion blur in it though.

I spent all day creating a brand new texture for her body. I think the paw pads came out pretty well (I also did a couple of other minor changes which have changed the posture a bit). I haven’t done anything to the head, it still uses the original texture.

The stains look cleaner but also sharper and darker (plain black it seems).
The original ones are more blurry and brown (and it’s more yellowish around) :

it’s also smaller in height than width, in opposite to yours (but maybe you prefer those proportions)
The line between the 2 black stains is also thinner in the middle, which was also the case on yours until you changed it. the varying thickness looked more natural to me.
Another thing that kind of bothers me is how the stains don’t align with the surrounding oval, touching the edges at the bottom and top. It’s not aligned on the original either but a little more and feels less unsatisfying.
Anywho, it’s not like the original paws are the best part of her design. I think they look pretty flat. Maybe you could break fidelity on this part and add some depth ? Just an idea.

Ooh, that’s some great input. I’ll get right on that this evening! ^^

Updated!
I’ve changed the colors of the pads and made them more blurry. Also the line in the middle of the paw has this alternating thickness.
Unfortunately stretching by the rig is causing the pads to become elongated. I’m not really sure if I dare try and change that :smiley:

I also changed a bone, making her front paw elongate a bit, but it no longer dips down behind the wrist.

I’d like to fix the fur as well, so it’s denser near the paw pads, but I need to change the geometry of the model for that … Which means redoing the fur again, woo ^^

Completed a new render yesterday :slight_smile:

Very good. I have pretty much nothing to say except she has a bit of a baby face.

Thanks! I still have a few things I wanna fix with the model, like the fur on the underside of her paw is still not as it should be.

Loved the texture, model, lighting and fur. Pretty close to the original character.
Just a tip - You could work on the posture of the tigress.

Is there a download link for the Tigress model?

Hello ! I was looking for a model of Tigress to download and I found your post here. I love Tigress and I would love to have her model and yours is the best I found. Could you share her model ? Unfortunately I don’t have money, otherwise I would love to make an offer. It’s an awesome work!

Answering for @Tomboz because we discussed it in DMs years ago, the model is not for sale and its undisclosed author doesn’t want it to be shared, as they don’t want to be involved in copyright issues.
Sorry, you’ll have to find another way.

Ok, thank you for the answer. My intention with the model would be only for…well…only to have her model. I really didn’t want to share or use in any way. Maybe if one day I could by a 3D printer (like a resin printer) I could print and have a real model of her. But ok, I understand.

As @ChameleonScales wrote, the model is unfortunately not for sale nor downloadable.

But here are some more renders I’ve done with her after this thread died out.

2 Likes