Material animation in blender for the game engine

Hi everyone…i am new to blender.i would like to animate a material in for the bge…plz can sum1 give the link of where i could find such tutorials and provide me wit any relevant information…thnx in advance

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com
There is tut for material animation here

What do you mean “material animation”? What are you trying to do? And hello.

I mean I want to create a material which I can animate to change colours…I am actually trying to create a traffic light…my problem is tht wen I insert keyframes in material panel I dont get the animation in the action editor…tnx

I want to create a material ipo tht can change colour at certain frames so that I can use it in the bge

OK, there’s no such thing as IPOs anymore - there’s just Actions.

You can press the I key on the Object Color picker in the Object tab to create keyframes to animate the color of an object.

I don’t believe there’s any ability to animate the individual diffuse or specular colors in the material anymore.

@SolarLune, I just discovered that you can use lamp data node with color input. And it’s possible to un-tick diffuse and specularity for the a point lamp so it almost acts as an empty (just did a benchmark, it doesn’t eat performance at all with diffuse and specularity unchecked). It’s possible to keyframe it or change it vie Python.

Thank you all…