Let me start by explaining what happened:
- I append a material
- I apply this material to a specific area of my geometry
- I add a material slot then copy/paste the material, and modify it in order to create a variation
- I apply the material variation to a different area of the mesh
- Everything works fine for 2 minutes, then the material variation becomes black, after checking the material tab, I see “missing data block” everywhere.
- I try to replace missing data blocks, they aren’t anywhere to be found, so I have to copy paste the material and modify it one more time.
- Rinse and repeat, everything breaks after 2 minute.
- This time I save the file while everything is working perfectly.
- It breaks again, so I reload the file.
- The material variation is black, while working perfectly when saved.
- Here I am writing a new topic about this experience.
I’m using eevee and the material is mostly made of custom nodes.
The initial material that I imported doesn’t break, it’s only the one that I copy/paste that keeps breaking.