material IPO control?

Hi!

I am doing an animation and want a texture to stay ocer the whole animation an the mesh.
I know I can control the material via the IPOs but I dont know which point i need to make keyframes.

color?
textR?
textG?
textB?
R?
G?
B?

the mesh has the texture applied, but only in the first frame…
I hope you understood my question and I hope you can help me…
Haven`t found anything about that specific topic in the mediawiki or other resources…

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Take a look at Cog’s material animation tutorials at http://www.cogfilms.com/ . I am sure you will find them useful.

I am doing an animation and want a texture to stay ocer the whole animation an the mesh.

If you apply a Texture and don’t use any Material or Texture IPO’s then the texture will stay over the whole anim and the whole mesh.

%<

@Fligh

You mean I should put a material and a texture on the mesh and dont add any IPO . Then the texture will stay on the mesh for the whole animation? Thats the way I have tried it first, it didnt work. Anyway, I put the texture over UV on the mesh to try it this way without any material IPOs. Didn`t work either.

Blender changes the material when animating.
I have put the material on the mesh, did the camera settings and animation path, pressed ANIM and then the material is only on the first frame.

So how do I solve it the most easy way?
What was done wrong?

That’s hard to tell (though Fligh must have a cristal ball because he nearly always guesses right). Why don’t you post your blend-file somewhere?

Use Material Ipos only if you want the material or textures to change over time. kill all Mat Ipos if you want it to stay the same. Make sure you are on frame 1 when you do.