Material Layers Cycles (and BIR)

I noticed that almost all of the objects I model and in life don’t just have one “coat of paint”, but layers after layers. For example…

This is a logo with one texture, one glossy, and some other shaders. Does anything know how to create a sort of layer onto an object?

Are you talking about a node setup to get this effect on one object?

You can easily layer shading effects using the mix shader or add shader nodes, Cycles does not limit you to just one of every shading node type it offers.

To avoid potential energy loss, you can easily make a setup that mixes the result of a mix shader and add shader node to boost the shading and increase visibility without blowing out the image.

Sort of. I mean how would you get the layered effect in anything, not just for this object. If you can give me/direct me to an example of how to do this effect that might help me understand how layered shaders work

I already use the mix and add shaders nodes, but have no clue how exactly they work…:confused:
I didn’t understand what you mean by:

To avoid potential energy loss, you can easily make a setup that mixes the result of a mix shader and add shader node to boost the shading and increase visibility without blowing out the image.
sorry about that