Material shaders rendering slow with GPU Cycles!

And here for “How to Combine Internal Render Light effects with Cycles…”
http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-to-create-a-professional-logo-animation/

Have a look at this!

best regards,
tencars

How do I do that eppo?

Thanks, tencars, I was wondering about that, leave it to Andrew to solve issues, I love his tutorials! I been using his tutorials a lot lately and got a few pointers from him, but the Rays and combining Internal with Cycles, that explained it perfectly, and just what I needed to know! I guess Composting is not too inferior, but I wish Cycles did it on the fly, would be very nice if it did.

Here a recent cgcookie tutorial with using the “Border Render” technique…

cheers,
tencars

here :wink:

forgot that link :wink:

How do I do that eppo?

Model with less faces - Lamp (is this thing a lamp?) glass cylinder has a ton of faces - if it takes full screen, well… but if it’s just a color splash on white while camera is away?
Snow pile under the Lamp - more than 50% of faces are not visible all the time
Ice blocks - they are set to calculate ray depth yet they stick 50% through surface. Waste of CPU cycles for the image.
Even the main surface - during the render each face gets auto converted to triangle thus doubling calc amounts.

Animate renderability by keyframing Outliner camera icon for objects.

I wanted high detail, yeah I probably could remove some polys where not seen. The Ice, I wanted to be able to see the surface of the ground under it like snow, when you see real ice. I did not know they are auto-converted to triangles during render.

And don’t get me started on the “RGB to BW” node which I found to be the most abused node in the most useless situations in the Cycles world.

Sorry I came into this thread late… Kalurra, I have admired your material set ups, so this comment really makes me wonder where you think they shouldn’t be used… normally I use the convert to BW node when I want displacement from a texture that has color in it.(if no normal map is available). So I usually go from the image into the convert to BW node…than into a math node set to multiply than into the displacement socket… Should it be done a different way?

Oh simple. Just check the “unfuck” check box in render settings.