Matrix Extrude for Blender, with more options and features then the original

Complete workover: May I introduce :drum:Matrix Extrude Interactive

here a little functionality showcase:

Excuse that I did not use sound and/or much editing, way too tired, but so happy with it that I wanted to tease a bit.

The link Addon Request Matrix Extrude to the topic where my first builds were a response to.

After update 1.2 with the hotfix, I made sure that this runs on 2.83 LTS, 2.91 latest stable and even on the daily master build. The video was taken in Blender 2.83 LTS.

The user interface needed a tight fitting for the interactive usage and some new functionality as well.

Here both the main(left) and the secondary(right), both fully unfold with advanced settings:

The addon can now be called up in the Context menu:

The Mesh menu:

The Face menu:

All 3 had extrude functions already, so this one came right home.

Once the addon is called up the UI will be in the lower left corner, but can be called up as movable UI with F9.

I put a lot thought in the UI, but I am sure there is still space for improvement.

My main ideas are now in.

The gumroad homepage will be updated a bit later, but I’ll add the new version (which can be used parallel to my previous one up for the early supporters.

I was thinking to adjust the price a bit after it’s now interactive like it’s inspirational version from C4D.

That said, please check it out and tell me what you think.

One iteration creations with secondary extrusions:

Two iteration creation with secondary extrusions used in the second iteration:

A bit of tinkering with manual selections in between…

6 Likes

Thanks for making this addon! :smiley:
I’ll try 1.1 asap later today. :+1:

Later…just tried version 1.1, and the sample blend. When I hit ‘Extrude’, got this cool object…just what I was looking for! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

That’s exactly an addon I am looking for. So I got it , but gives me the same error in Blender 2.83 and 2.91

Exception in module register(): C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\MatrixExtrude_init_.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “E:\Downloads3\blender-2.83.12-windows64\blender-2.83.12-windows64\2.83\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 382, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\MatrixExtrude_init_.py”, line 50, in register
register_class(cls)
ValueError: bpy_struct “UiProperties” registration error: offset could not register

On Windows 10. Previous version gives same error.

Thanks @Peetie for your patronage and also thanks for letting me know.

I just fixed and uploaded the new version.
You should also have received a mail with the hotfix :wink:

Awesome, it works:

MatrixExtrude_01

1 Like

Looks great, very nice presentation :ok_hand:

1 Like

New version is up on gumroad, big change, check it out.

1 Like

That’s pretty handy, thanks for the update. Going to make some organic assets with that.
matrix_02

1 Like

Gave it a try myself, though I’m more of a coder :sweat_smile:

1 Like