Maxwell Render integration for Blender (different one)

Hi carbon2, I think same thing as you about v4 ! Yu’re right!
Congratulations for all your big and good job!
Your v3 is suffisant and useful! Big thanks!

Hello Carbon2,

Great work should never go unnoticed, especially on an open platform. Hats off to you !

R

Which version do I download for the last version of maxwell 3 including betas and 2.78a? Thanks

should work on maxwell 3.2.1.3+ and blender 2.77a+
currently i use 3.2.1.5 and 2.78a
there are no tagged versions, only current master

Thankyou Carbon 2 for your quick reply!

Can somebody help me with this? I get this message when I try to export mxs from file menu:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/ops.py”, line 128, in execute
ex = export.MXSExport(mxs_path=p, )
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 212, in init
self._finish()
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 1894, in _finish
self._pymaxwell()
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 1939, in _pymaxwell
system.python34_run_script_helper(self.script_path, self.scene_data_path, self.mxs_path, append, self.use_wireframe, )
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/system.py”, line 466, in python34_run_script_helper
raise Exception(“error in {0}”.format(script_path))
Exception: error in /Users/Quaggers/Google Drive/Visualisation/Projects/Working folder/Bedroom/bedroom-tmp-export_scene-329f9490-ed10-11e6-ab7e-28f07641ad60/bedroom-329f9490-ed10-11e6-ab7e-28f07641ad60.py

I’m sorry but I know nothing about code, this is complete hieroglyphs to me. Thank you so much for all this work, this is a very slick looking plugin.

Matt

/Users/Quaggers/Google Drive/Visualisation/Projects/Working folder/Bedroom/bedroom-tmp-export_scene-

Try to change the name of two folders, please:
Google Drive => Google_Drive
Working folder => Working_folder

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply Spirou, but i’m afraid this doesn’t fix the problem… I’m still getting the same error message, any more ideas?

Thanks for your time, it’s much appreciated…

Matt

Ho!
Is it the same reply in Terminal, please?

Can you work only here: /Users/Quaggers/ Working_folder

not in
GoogleDrive, please.

There are problem with its path.

I copied the .blend file and all referenced .mxm files from GoogleDrive to the desktop, but still the same problems! Is there anything else I should change?

I tried to export from a blend file in /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender, and have the same error message. If it makes any difference, I was able to export with B-Maxwell, but had trouble with some of its features, hence why I want to use BlendMaxwell…

Matt

Write again the traceback you have now, please?

Do you use the last release of Blendmaxwell and Blender 2.77 or 2.78?

This is from a .blend stored in /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender

File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/ops.py”, line 128, in execute
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 212, in init
self._finish()
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 1894, in _finish
self._pymaxwell()
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/export.py”, line 1939, in _pymaxwell
system.python34_run_script_helper(self.script_path, self.scene_data_path, self.mxs_path, append, self.use_wireframe, )
File “/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/system.py”, line 466, in python34_run_script_helper
Exception: error in /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-a1092ba2-ed4f-11e6-ba20-28f07641ad60/shell-a1092ba2-ed4f-11e6-ba20-28f07641ad60.py

Using blender 2.78a, BlendMaxwell I downloaded last week with Python 3.5.1, running on mac os 10.12.3, Maxwell v. 3.2.1.5

Thanks again!

folder: shell-tmp-export_scene-a1092ba2-ed4f-11e6-ba20-28f07641ad60
file: shell-a1092ba2-ed4f-11e6-ba20-28f07641ad60.py

Have you found this file in Blender folder, please?

Better is Blender 2.77 only, don’t run with 2.78 correctly.
Speeder is to start a question in the carbon2’s github here, please: https://github.com/uhlik/blendmaxwell/issues

Yes the file is there, what should I do with it? I wil try carbon2’s github too…

Thanks

hi, there is no problem with paths, on mac the exporting is a bit different because pymaxwell can’t be loaded directly, so exporter creates temporary files in directory named such way to prevent conflicts with users files. those files are used with system python not with the one shipped with blender.

mattyb1982: please do following, find blender.app, right click, ‘Show Package Contents’, go ‘Contents/MacOS/’ and double click ‘blender’ executable, terminal should open together with blender. try to export your scene and then paste full log in terminal window here or as pm, as you wish. from what you wrote it looks like an error happened while running system python which blender can’t write out about, so there is no useable info about it.

Hey carbon thanks for getting involved, here’s the log:

Last login: Wed Feb 8 09:38:22 on console
Matthews-iMac:~ Quaggers$ /Applications/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender ; exit;
Read new prefs: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /Applications/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Resources/2.78/python
archimesh: Imported multifiles
ndof: using SpaceNavigator
read blend: /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell.blend
------------------------------ MXSExport ------------------------------
> pymaxwell version >= (3, 2, 0, 0)
> exporting mxs: ‘/Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell.mxs’
> using temp directory at ‘/Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60’
> collecting objects…
> writing materials:
> writing cameras:
> ‘Camera’
> writing empties:
> writing meshes:
> ‘Circle’
> writing instance bases:
> writing instances:
> writing duplicates:
> writing mxs references:
> writing particles:
> writing volumetrics:
> writing object modifiers:
> writing environment…
> writing custom alphas:
> writing scene properties…
> writing serialized scene data…
> running pymaxwell…
> command:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin/python3.5 /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py ‘/Applications/Maxwell 3/Libs/pymaxwell/python3.5’ ‘/Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/blendmaxwell/log.txt’ /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.json /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell.mxs
> loading data…
> creating new scene…
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/AssetReference.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/LensExtensions.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaterialModifiers.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellCloner.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellGrass.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellHair.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellMesher.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellParticles.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellProcedurals.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellScatter.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellSea.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MaxwellVolumetric.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MGrassH.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MGrassP.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/MWObjectAlembic.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/rfmeshes.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/rwmeshes.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/SubdivisionModifier.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/TiledTexture.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
Extension: /Users/Quaggers/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/maxwell/bin/osx/extensions/wireframetexture.osx.mxx incompatible with current SDK version
> creating objects:
> 75%> Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py”, line 2702, in <module>
main(args)
File “/Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py”, line 2561, in main
scene(d, mxs)
File “/Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py”, line 1660, in scene
h, t = os.path.split(d[“output_mxi”])
KeyError: ‘output_mxi’

ERROR: > error in /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py
self._finish()
self._pymaxwell()
Exception: error in /Users/Quaggers/Documents/Blender/shell-tmp-export_scene-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60/shell-f3742298-ede3-11e6-a6a1-28f07641ad60.py

I see a lot of mention of Sketchup 2016 here, is that part of the problem? I no longer have SU2016 on my system because I upgraded to 2017, would trashing the 2016 app support folder be of any help?

Thanks for your time carbon it’s much appreciated,

Matt

hi, looks like it stopped at setting path to output mxi, would you try to delete everything in scene, add simple cube and then export? if it fails send it to me? if it exports, it might be something else, then would be best to send me whole file or try deleting objects until it works and send me just the one with which it fails.

i remember seeing such errors before, but they was unrelated to objects, something when you use some extension, then write it wrong and then error will arise, but on different line of code then it really occured which was really hard to debug… i hoped i will never see this again :slight_smile:

anyway, don’t know why pymaxwell is loading some extensions from app support, those messages should not be there, extensions should be loaded from /Applications/Maxwell 3/extensions, but maybe sketchup messed up pymaxwell, maybe if you try to install Maxwell again, pymaxwell is in /Applications/Maxwell 3/Libs/pymaxwell so it will be replaced with original one (if sketchup somehow changed it, but this looks like very bad practice from my point of view, but who knows…).

now i read the log again and see you have got just one object and camera, no extensions, best would be if you can send me the file so i can have a look how it behaves on my machine

Hey, I’ve attached the file i’ve been testing on…

I doubt there is a problem with the file because i’ve tried exporting mxs from other blend files and I get the same error message every time.

I reinstalled Maxwell 3 and trashed the Sketchup2016 app support folder, and now it tries to load extensions from my Maxwell 4 folder!

Thanks for your help, sorry to give you problems like this!

Matt

Attachments

shell.blend (1.26 MB)

@carbon2, hi. I appricieted to your hard work. Really impressive. I’ve two questions:1. Which version of Maxwell must be using? Link?2. Which version of the exporter am I must use? Link?