Maya ruines

Hi! I have just finished this image: Maya ruines. Is a low poly isometric landscape and is one of my first attempts with post processing and color correction. All made in blender, rendered with cycles with 1000 sampling. After post processing I moved to gimp to reduce the noise but without success. What do you think?

Attachments

That’s very charming, I really like it :slight_smile:

Some people say that low poly is being overused, and they may be right, but I still love it! And I really like the maya pyramid with its details and so on as the center of the image.

Is the scene more or less completely surrounded with the object you see in the background? If so, I think this might be the reason for a lot of the noise. Interiors become noisy very easily, you might want to look up ways to reduce the noise in interior renders, at least if the scene is built the way I think it is. Some keywords you could search for are light portals and fireflies, but also interior noise in general.

Love the shading here and the volumetrics for the clouds. Any chance of seeing a wireframe?

Maya will be in a ruin soon at the rate Blender is currently growing.

As for your model, it is nothing short of AMAZING, you have no idea how much I aodre low-poly artworks, do you? It’s one of those things that simply looks great when done correctly.

Pyramid is very cool!

I’m a game developer and I am living close to those ruins. Two reasons to extra-like your model. Well done!

Some people say that low poly is being overused, and they may be right, but I still love it! And I really like the maya pyramid with its details and so on as the center of the image.

Is the scene more or less completely surrounded with the object you see in the background? If so, I think this might be the reason for a lot of the noise. Interiors become noisy very easily, you might want to look up ways to reduce the noise in interior renders, at least if the scene is built the way I think it is. Some keywords you could search for are light portals and fireflies, but also interior noise in general.

Thanks!!! Yes, maybe now we see a lot of low poly but I think that is the best way to start and to transform your immagination in reality because you don’t have to care about the materials and textures. So you can just have fun modeling and compositing!

I found that the noise is from the hdr that I’m using, so I tried to reconstruct the light of the hdr with lamps but it wasn’t so good so I keep it as it is.

Thanks very much!!!

I have it here but I don’t know why it says me that there is a problem uploading the image :/… I’ll try again tomorrow

Nice cut-away, also the background really sets the scene

Here it is the wireframe!!

Attachments

Thanks for the wires, they are really interesting. Did you light the background on a separate layer to the model?

Yes, but there is a cube around it that blocks the sunlight and the word color…

Just… WOW! nice work bro :eek:! ireally like the geometric style, and those colors… nice job :wink:

Ok, here I have changed the light so instead of an hdr there are 2 sun lamps and the noise is disappeared… which do you prefer?

Attachments

Nice. For some reason I see a very nicely decorated chocolate cake. ^^

How did you make stairs on the pyramid ?

I prefer the render with 2 sun lamps, but it is only my opinion

The stairs are just simple cubes copied few times with the option ‘repeat last’, if you want to see how I built all the image probably soon I’ll upload a timelapse of all the process on youtube.

Yes me too, but I don’t know why I still think that the first image have something better, don’t know what…