Me and My Rifle
I’m in the process of making a small game. I will post my process here. It is based upon different missions of a sniper. I am working on this project alone. This is how my game will be layed out.
● Big Maps - You drive to where you think is a suitable sniping location to take out your enemy wherever you want within the level.
● Multiple shot outcomes - If you shoot your enemy in the leg, his leg will fly off. If you shoot his head, his head will pop off. Just more fun for your sick humour.
● Eye candy for non-GLSL users - Baked in lightmaps will let the average joe computer play this game. Note** This game will NOT have GLSL features.
● Distinct Areas - No playing in the same map over and over. I am planning to make several very different levels with varrying terrain types and weather.
Of course I waited to post this until I had a little bit to show off. I have some of the many things done.
What is done:
● Sniper modelling.
● Scope functionality
● Shooting setup
● Aiming (thanks to Social’s script)
● Enemy modelling and rigging
● Multiple shot outcome blood, flying off body parts, and animations
● Link Sniper rifles shooting setup with the enemy’s gory multiple outcomes.
● Model and setup various levels
● Model Car and setup car physics
● Setup how the player will get in and out of the car
● Setup in-game help and place enemies in levels
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnlk6txyhw - Flying Limbs Demo Video
My Enemy (928 faces)
Can use 3 zoom modes in scope:
Before the Shot:
During the Shot:
After the Shot:
Flying Limbs Demo
I have made a new demo linking the gun and the enemy together. WSAD to move, left mouse button to shoot, middle mouse button to use scope, and scroll to zoom. Mouse is to aim. This is the Flying Limbs Demo:
Wish me luck to finish the game! :rolleyes: