Me Hatez Mikerowsopht :((

It’s NOT Mikerowsopht.
It’s MOCOSOPHT!!!
Something more interesting. Moco means the-thing-of-the-nose-when-having-cold in Spanish.

Thanks B3D00 now I know what Ill will do when I get to spain one day. Run around like crazy and shouting out loud “MOCO!!! MOCO!!! MOCO!!!”

Because they’ll think like you’ve seen loads of it or monsters made of it and you’re running away from it. I think it’s called Mucus in English. Imagine shouting “MUCUS”!!! on London running around like crazy.

ROFLMHO!!!

Yeah splutter it is choke ‘mucus’.

sudo rm -rf /

For the sake of any unsuspecting new Linux users: DONT DO THAT! It erases your system without asking.

If you get lots of segfaults, that usually means you have a hardware problem, most likely memory. Since Linux uses your RAM more effectively, it shows you problems with it sooner than Windows, that may be why you might have had less problems in Windows.

But faulty RAM is something that will hit you sooner or later, so you might want to check it, just in case. There’s a memtest that you can boot into on for example every Ubuntu Live CD. Let it run some hours. There must not be even one single error.

You need to know if your computer is compatible with Linux.

Linux is similar to Mac OS. It doesn’t work on every PC out there.

Ubuntu Linux comes as a “live CD”, i.e. you can run it before installing it. This is an important step. If you run it and find that it recognizes all of your hardware and peripherals out of the box, that’s great. You can install it and never need to touch it again because it will just work.

However if you find out that it does not recognize all your hardware out of the box on the first run, do not install it. Don’t think you can fix that later by downloading and installing a driver. Linux already comes with all the drivers. If a particular driver is missing, it usually means there is no driver. And even in those rare cases where there is a driver which just has not been included with the distribution for some reason, you can’t just download and install it. You will have to compile it from source, and that’s something you don’t want to go through as a Linux newbie.

well Blender-er ur making a good choice. Even though my Macbook Pro is dual booted with OSX 10.5 and Windows XP(I needed some compatibility) our desktop, (long speech)
After me wrecking WIndows by TRYING to do a dual boot with Ubuntu, My whole system has been Liniaized. And Everyone loves it.
But just one lesson:
If you want to tell ur computer to do some thing like “Go get me cereal” it needs to be:
" sudo apt-get me a cereal>kitchen>cupboard> Honey Bunches of Oats> Go now"
But to get Blender either build(latest I have no clue) and after Ubuntu 8.10 is released, support for 2.47 will start(or 2.48) it’s weird.
So either use the Add/Remove programs(repository)
or…
“sudo apt-get install blender”
or for somethingelse
"sudo apt-get update ______

Oh and to fill in the blank from ur post #I think 5?(I like this game) _____=Puppies! :smiley:

Open Synaptic, select “cereal” for installation and click “Apply”.

But to get Blender either build(latest I have no clue) and after Ubuntu 8.10 is released, support for 2.47 will start(or 2.48) it’s weird.

Download Blender 2.47 from blender.org, unpack it (= right-click, “extract here”), then double-click “blender”.

Linux is not complicated, but you are. :stuck_out_tongue: