Mediawiki/Scripts/Catalog Update

Hi,
Just a Update on my Progress on the wiki scripts/catalog section.

I have now listed Nearly all the scripts included in Blender 2.42a.

There are also now over 100 extra scripts that work with Blender 2.42a
also listed and that number is growing. I think I am about half way.

I am trying, where possible to link to the authors site, not the script.
This fixes some security issues and also gives you access to the scripts docs, and in most cases many other scripts.

The Template, whilst good is not as good as it could be, will be fixed.
When I have most scripts listed I will be taking another look at the Template then fixing the entire section.

Some scripts (many) are listed in the section that I feel they belong in and to give access to similar scripts, check the ‘System’ section and you will see what I mean.

The ‘catalog’ is a Work in Progress still at this stage. Once it is more complete and the bugs ironed out it will be opened ‘Officially’.

If you notice a script missing, I may not have got to it yet but feel free to let me know incase I did miss it. I haven’t gone right through every Authors site but this will happen in a week or so, as I am still going through my computor making things more maintainable, testing and cleaning up so scripts can be better organised from my end.

I hope to have most things done before the next release of Blender, then
update again.

Pre Blender 2.42a scripts are in progress too, but the Benchmark is 2.42a.
I may add a Nostalga/History section at some stage, other ‘To Do’ have a much higher priority.

Thanks, Explore, Enjoy!

M.A.

GREAT work !!! In my opinion this need screen shots for some scripts.

Regards

OMG… fantastic work… how do we get our scripts added?

J

That would be nice, but I don’t think Meta-Androcto has the time for that right now. :slight_smile: Once he gets the bulk of the scripts up, I think the plan is to refine the list and template, and then to make individual “manual” pages for each script. Probably something along the lines of what’s here:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Scripts/Manual
That’ll be where we put the screen shots.

I agree, fantastic work, and keep it up! If you have a script you want added, you can either sign up for a wiki account and add it yourself, or PM Meta-Androcto with a filled-in template:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Scripts/Catalog/Template
I’m sure he’d be glad to add it in for you when he gets the time.

Levi

Thanks,

Jedrzej_s

GREAT work !!! In my opinion this need screen shots for some scripts.

Thanks, I don’t think until another month or so.

julesd-g6

OMG… fantastic work… how do we get our scripts added?

Thanks,
That’s a good question. At the moment I think the section is temporarily my domain until some issues ( get most scripts up, fix template & stuff )
are sorted. I do think this is a responsible way to handle this section until the issues have been sorted. I apologize for this, the catalog needs to be stable.

Certainly I will list the midi import asap.

[email protected] I’m all ears, I mean scripts.:slight_smile:
Well … Up to my arms in them.:smiley:

reD_FoxQuote:
In my opinion…:rolleyes:

Hmmm, My Identical Triplet daughters visited on the weekend,
Seriously, my own mini army of clones!..
Chased my 13 yr old son 450 kms over two days,
Made him defrag his computor as punishment… How did you know?

Midi script by julesd-g6 is updated to the wiki,:slight_smile: just let me know and it can be done.

989 views so far. Thanks everyone!!:smiley:

126 extra scripts for Blender 2.42a so far!!:rolleyes:
Plenty more to come.

Thanks, M.A.

Woot-wooooo… You the man!

J

I think the plan is to refine the list and template, and then to make individual “manual” pages for each script.
Without knowing this threat I started an simular project for the german Blenderwiki side. The problem for me is to get all the informations about the scipts and how they work. I have to admit, that I don`t understand how and when to use many of them.

Here is an example of the german version.
http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_Dokumentation:_Mitgelieferte_Scripte

I think I will wait, until your project is more developed and I will use many of your informations as a template for my own articles. It`s not easy to translate such things into german, because a basic understanding of “how things work” is necessary for a good translation. Translations only “word by word” are never as good as a translation with background information.

Keep on your brillant work :smiley:

Toni Grappa

You keep up the great work too!!!
Translation tools are hard I agree!

Feel free to use any information that you need from me.

Thanks M.A.