Medieval Dutch Scene

Hi all,

Just want to do a progress dump on a scene I’m working on.

I decided to do the “Creating 3D Environments in Blender” course by Rob Tuytel on Udemy.
My aim is to try and learn some quality tips from a professional environmental artist.

The course is a little out of date, and so far most of the technical elements it covers I already knew, but the artistic tips are very good. I hope that when I get to subjects I’m less versed in I will learn a lot more.

The course is designed for Blender 2.79, but I’ve been doing the course in Blender 2.8.

This is the first building you create on the course. With this one, I stuck pretty close to the tutorial.

With this second building, I have started to change the style from the tutorial and make this building my own. I used references of real-life buildings in Amsterdam and mixed it with the tutorial.

The third building is an edit on this one and will be placed on the side of this one, this is why one wall is blank. That is what I’m working on just now.

Once I have completed the course my plan is to use what I have learned to recreate some of the medieval building in the Scottish town that I live in.

I look forward to hearing what you think of my progress so far.
I would also like to hear from anyone who has also done this course.

6 Likes

Third Building now pretty much complete. I’m going to skip baking this one and putting it on Sketfab for now so I can start on the forth and last building.

3 Likes